Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: “ROTD” method of shooting a PMO

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    You guys typically cover your target with the dot or rest the chosen target on top of the dot?
    I love a target type hold for irons on rifles and pistols. I really don’t like covering the target with my sights. However, I’ve never bothered to try with a dot, because the size of the dot in relation to brightness and lighting conditions changes so much I don’t think you could have a consistent zero.

That might be different with a dot with a chevron or crosshair type reticle, but I haven’t ever owned or shot one of those
    im strong, i can run faster than train

That makes sense. I’ll cover. I think I’ll get rough zero at 10 and fine tune at 25.

I’m sick so I’m not putting a holster on. Too lazy tonight. But from the ready the dot both seems easier than I thought but also I see that it’ll take a bunch of dry fire sessions to get things like where the dot comes from and how to “fix” that and not looking at the window as much. Where I bring the gun too as far as height and other things. I’m psyched to get this started.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    You guys typically cover your target with the dot or rest the chosen target on top of the dot?
    I’m no big deal shooter, but for several years I preferred a cover dot hold using HKs, so I tuned my Glock iron sights the same. Transitioning to a dot it seemed pretty natural to keep doing that, so I just put the dot (or circle, for my carry Holosun) on top of the target and press the trigger.

Thank you RJ!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Now - thoughts on the drawstroke/index to find the dot and break the first shot?

I found the optic was working for me when already within the shot string, but I was consistently slower on the first shot and/or I dropped them from As to Cs by trying to force the shot.
    I find that if I bring the gun up from a low ready with arms extended I have trouble finding the dot. But if I press the gun forward from a high ready and find my co witnessed front site on the way to the target the dot magically appears!

User Tag List