Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA ballots are out, any point in using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    But yeah, I got it but I thru it in the recycle. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a check box for WLP's ouster.
    I considered checking certain boxes, then thought better of it and tossed it out. AFAIC, it's all pretend until WLP is out and the organization becomes trustworthy again.

(No option for getting rid of WLP was provided, just a note ostensibly from him encouraging voting, and stressing how important protecting the 2A was, IIRC.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I considered checking certain boxes, then thought better of it and tossed it out. AFAIC, it's all pretend until WLP is out and the organization becomes trustworthy again.

(No option for getting rid of WLP was provided, just a note ostensibly from him encouraging voting, and stressing how important protecting the 2A was, IIRC.)
    At least Tam had an article on guns of many colors...

Sigh.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Tamara articles in Shooting Illustrated are really the only reason I have for staying. That and the whopping $5 I save renewing my instructor certs. Although frankly, aside from CRSO, the only value of instructor certs is to build a client list for non-NRA classes. And most of the guys I know that work that shit are moronic sleazebags that suck at shooting (worse than I suck, I mean).

WLP needs to go. He's the worst of all WLPs. At least the other kind works good in .44 and .45. Dude's not even a Gun Guy, he's just a professional lobbyist. I'd rather see someone in that seat that was less effective, but 100% passionate about firearms.

I would also like to see Shurriff Jim Wilson get replaced. His "columns" are boring, middle-of-the-road, zero-thought, don't-piss-anyone-off lukewarm swill. To make matters worse, he said a bunch of shit on BookFace that, frankly, no writer for the journal of a national organization should be saying.

Any updates on this? I have 7 names I think I will vote for.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Done; mailed.

Time to wait and see how everyone else feels about things.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I noticed that the NRA affiliate at my range finally responded to my interest in an NRA sponsored RSO class. Only took him 3 years to take his affiliate status seriously. I actually talked to him at a meeting and he gave me his card but he never answered my emails or my phone calls. After I thought about where the money goes for the class ( to the NRA ) I just decided to donate it to the club. At least I get to vote for the e board officers. NRA can keep their "the sky is falling" org and their million dollar executive salaries. They don't need my 50 bucks.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'd asked to not receive their magazine for years on a benfactor membership to help them save money.

Last time they contacted me for money I asked them to just delete me as a member. Will find a less corrupt organization to support.

I marked my ballot and it is ready to mail. I voted for 6 people.

I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago and used suggestions offered here as well as on the S&W forum to find some candidates worth supporting.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List