Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie Question: What is the Proper SHO/WHO Presentation Technique?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    A press out is a press out is a press out. The technique doesn't change just because one less hand is on the gun.
    Been working on this since the dismal WHO runs on DoW, and have found quite a bit of difference. That visual control over the gun, the rough sight picture that I have to have before getting on the trigger happens considerably earlier with TH/SHO than WHO. By the time I align my dominant eye, front sight and the target, I am at least half extended with WHO. The result is obvious half less time to finalize the sight picture and work through a trigger press, with subsequent horrible hits. I've tried several things, including shooting with non-dominant eye, and it has not been great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Been working on this since the dismal WHO runs on DoW, and have found quite a bit of difference. That visual control over the gun, the rough sight picture that I have to have before getting on the trigger happens considerably earlier with TH/SHO than WHO. By the time I align my dominant eye, front sight and the target, I am at least half extended with WHO. The result is obvious half less time to finalize the sight picture and work through a trigger press, with subsequent horrible hits. I've tried several things, including shooting with non-dominant eye, and it has not been great so far.
    With WHO press out, do you slightly angle the gun towards the dominant eye side?

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    With WHO press out, do you slightly angle the gun towards the dominant eye side?
    Yes, and I slightly rotate my head to the left.

Not a sme, but got a good tip at Rogers this week which helped my who shooting. I was doing a slower press out to give me time to align the sights and break the shot at extension. Another shooter mentioned that I should press out just as fast as usual, and make final adjustments after extension and before breaking the shot. He said this would make for faster accurate shots now, and my scores showed that. He also said that I would keep getting faster at acquiring a good sight picture during the quicker press out, and eventually be able to break at extension at full speed.

Hearsay and ymmv, but it made sense to me at the time.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List