Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Important climate change warning

I often wonder, if global warming actually happens, what effect it will have on all the productive workers in northern climates like the northern US plain states, Canada, and Russia that would now have longer growing seasons.

I suspect we'd have more food rather than less.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The only prediction I'll make is that the climate change people will be proven wrong again in 10 years.
    I wouldn’t give them that long..I think they’re being proven wrong right now...But it doesn’t matter, they’ll probably revert back to their other wealth transfer scheme, now that people aren’t buying the global warming crap... WERE ALL GOING TO FREEZE TO DEATH!!!!! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I often wonder, if global warming actually happens, what effect it will have on all the productive workers in northern climates like the northern US plain states, Canada, and Russia that would now have longer growing seasons.

I suspect we'd have more food rather than less.
    I think they changed global warming to climate change because it better describes the situation. But the climate has always been changing and unless you're 17 like Greta Thunberg it probably isn't going to affect you one way or the other.

North Dakota will eventually become a sanctuary state.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"Climate change" and its spin-off concerns are "causes" for modern disenfranchised, foundationless moderns to become invested in, since they have nothing real to accomplish.

We have reliable scientific-geologic evidence that the climate has been changing for millions of years, sometimes dramatically, not only before the Industrial Revolution, but before (as far as we know) there were even recognizable humans around.

The evidence for significant human causality in climate change is small.
    (No, I'm NOT arguing that humans don't pollute, contribute to destroying the earth's crust and all sorts of other natural resources.)

I no longer get excited over the predictions of the various Doom Prophets about climate, population, etc.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    "Climate change" and its spin-off concerns are "causes" for modern disenfranchised, foundationless moderns to become invested in, since they have nothing real to accomplish.

We have reliable scientific-geologic evidence that the climate has been changing for millions of years, sometimes dramatically, not only before the Industrial Revolution, but before (as far as we know) there were even recognizable humans around.

The evidence for significant human causality in climate change is small.
    (No, I'm NOT arguing that humans don't pollute, contribute to destroying the earth's crust and all sorts of other natural resources.)

I no longer get excited over the predictions of the various Doom Prophets about climate, population, etc.
    This is what climate change looks like. If anyone isn't a believer they need to spend a few days at Capitol Reef NP in Utah. I'm not sure how anyone can predict this.

Last edited by Borderland; 01-24-2020 at 11:29 AM.

And in a related story, today the doomsday clock was moved to its closest time 'til midnight that it's ever been, and climate change is a big reason.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/opini...rry/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    And in a related story, today the doomsday clock was moved to its closest time 'til midnight that it's ever been, and climate change is a big reason.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/opini...rry/index.html
    Is that anything like the Mayan calendar?

Capitol Reef is one of my favorite places.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    The show was talking about global warming and by 2010 we would see massive chaos due to the change in climate.
    If only they had thought to add the word "political" before the word climate, they’d be golden.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List