Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New GLOCK 43 80% Frame Will Let You Use SIG P365 10, 15-Round Magazines in your G43

New GLOCK 43 80% Frame Will Let You Use SIG P365 10, 15-Round Magazines in your G43

Saw this on Facebook today. Still in the Prototype Stage

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ne...q3UI91B5adRDMY

I bet Shiled arms or someone else will also dtart making flush fit higher capacity mags for the 43 soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I bet Shiled arms or someone else will also dtart making flush fit higher capacity mags for the 43 soon as well.
    Shield has already said they were working on a magazine for the 43.

They said they needed to complete the release of the 15 round 43x/48 magazines first. Then they would be working on mags for the 43. No word on the round count.

I am very interested in this frame. Funny thing is I was thinking about this exact thing a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Shield has already said they were working on a magazine for the 43.
    Prediction: Extended delays and ultimate no-go. Either never makes it to market, or is an early d/c. Best case scenario an 8 or 9rd gun, probably striving for a 9+1.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Prediction: Extended delays and ultimate no-go. Either never makes it to market, or is an early d/c.
    IDK what "d/c" means but from my experience things usually take longer than people think. I heard the same vaporware comments about the current 15 round mags and they have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Best case scenario an 8 or 9rd gun, probably striving for a 9+1.
    IDK about this. There is a funky spring/follower setup that is paired with a slightly extended base pad that gets you 8 rounds out of a stock mag body. I cannot think of the name of the company that makes it.

I think a steel body with a specially designed spring and follower could get you a 10 round Glock 43 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    IDK what "d/c" means but from my experience things usually take longer than people think. I heard the same vaporware comments about the current 15 round mags and they have been released.
    Sorry. d/c=discontinued.

IDK about this. There is a funky spring/follower setup that is paired with a slightly extended base pad that gets you 8 rounds out of a stock mag body. I cannot think of the name of the company that makes it. I think a steel body with a specially designed spring and follower could get you a 10 round Glock 43 mag.
    I'm thinking in terms of most-functional capacity vs physical capacity.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I am really interested in picking one of these up, running a bunch of ammo through it, and then using it as my carry gun. The caveat being as long as there are no issues.

What kind of "torture test" would you guys put something like this through before you would say it was good to go as a carry gun?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If it has a Shield XL-like grip geometry, that is my huckleberry. Can't point a Glock, won't carry a Sig striker.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'll be picking one up. Was gonna buy a g48 but this will do nicely.

Shield Arms actually started making the standard 43 magazine first, but then the 43x and 48 came out so they started working on that one instead. So I don't think it will take as long for the standard 43 magazine to come out. Originally it was supposed to be a flush fit 10 round magazine but they aren't sure what it will be yet. I'll be more than happy with a flush fit 8 round magazine.

User Tag List