Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What WML are you guys using on your guns, specifically Glocks?

What WML are you guys using on your guns, specifically Glocks?

I have been using a Streamlight Tlr-1 for years and am looking for a WML for my 19X. Was thinking of the newer TLR-1 HL in a brown color but also see the Inforce compact lights and Olight stuff too. What are you guys using and why do you like it for your application. I am not sure if I am going to use the light for off duty carry but if I do, I carry AIWB so you know where I am at in this decision process. Thanks in advanced...

Site Supporter
    I use surefire or streamlight only for duty. Surefire seems to fit better in all safariland holsters, especially the ALS versions which are usually a tighter fit. I have an inforce, and while it is nice in a concealed carry role, it seems to eat batteries. All of the olight models I have looked at seem to be rated much brighter than they actually are. I have also read a lot of reviews stating they fail quite often. Streamlight and surefire both have remote switches for the glock so that is another upside.

For the last twenty years, it has been Surefire WMLs on any work gun - though I tried a LaRue rifle light in ‘05 and I’ve got a TLR1 on a teaching pistol. Both X200s and various X300s have been on 1911s, Glocks, and M&Ps on duty without issue. I’ve carried Glocks and M&Ps with X300s off-duty as well, no problems.
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 01-24-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Site Supporter
    My first issued Streamlight was one of the early ones that disassembled during recoil, vomiting its guts on the line. It was not the only one doing that at the time. Since then it has been Zurefire for me. I have been issued a Trl1s for the last 2 years, and am reconsidering that position so much that I bought a spare to play with.

I was tempted but the Insight lights, but I think Todd had issues with the ones he carried and stopped. Check the search and the pistol-training website. No experience with Olight's WML offerings, but their handheld Spec Ops light is my favorite hand held to backup my issue Streamlight Strion.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 01-24-2020 at 02:51 AM.

What WML are you guys using on your guns, specifically Glocks?

X300U or TLR-7. The former is the gold standard for a reason, the latter is well suited for a compact light that’s flush on a 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-24-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    Surefire X300

The only one I’m currently using is a TLR7.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

For IWB/AIWB, the TLR-1HL has a slight edge over X300 because of overall size, especially on a Glock 19 length gun. On a duty belt, I'd probably choose the X300.

I've read too many instructors and professionals knock the Olight and Inforce for me to trust them. Also, holsters seem harder to find.
    David S.

Currently issued a Nightstick 550 which is problematic at our agency.

I use a personal Streamlight TLR7 A instead. No issues at all so far on duty. I bought a Vedder Light Tuck IWB for off duty carry since taking the TLR7 style lights on and off is not tool free.

For duty, I'd rather have my TLR1 HL back. While the Streamlight TLR7A is nice, I feel it's better suited for off duty CCW carry. For duty, I want more candela/lumen output. I've searched a few structures since our transition away from the TLR1 HL and I miss it. I saw that the newest TLR1 HL is 1k lumens so that is what I'd really like to have on patrol.

The mentality here was the powers up top wanted flush mount and at the time, the old TLR7 switching was considered to be sub optimal. Hence the Nightstick choice. Parasitic drain, durability, etc. is making them regret their decision in very short time.

Duty pistol is G45.

Regards.

Name:  2EC07AE9-8778-4DCC-989B-4642C615236D.jpg
Views: 4417
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  7D7319D1-B244-42C2-BFF1-3E5332D8DC75.jpg
Views: 7709
Size:  76.0 KB
    Last edited by lwt16; 01-24-2020 at 08:46 AM.

My agency issues TLR-7’s for our 19M’s. I like them, and just bought another off a forum member to have as a spare.

User Tag List