Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What are the "best" pistol cleaning products?

I was at Scheels and picked up son G96 CLP. I have not used it yet, so we will see how it works.
    Thank you for all the assistance with this. It has been helpful and educational!

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by William B. View Post
    @Aray is a certified lube guy and can probably speak about cleaning products as well.

I usually clean my firearms with baby wipes and lube with Slip 2000 or Weapon Shield.
    Sorry dude, I'm done talking about this stuff online for a while. I just can't do it anymore, my sanity suffers.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    Sorry dude, I'm done talking about this stuff online for a while. I just can't do it anymore, my sanity suffers.

Little bit of a necro-bump here, and not a lube question, but a solvent question: I've used Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber and also Safariland/Kleenbore's Gunk-Out as aerosol spray cleaners. I use it on everything from .22's to AR's, Glocks, Benelli Shotguns, etc. Typically I spray the dirty area (chamber, bolt, Glock frame, barrel bore, etc), scrub it with a nylon brush, spray again to flush, and then wipe clean with an old t-shirt.

I'm out of Gunk-Out and need to re-buy. In reading to see what/if I should buy something different, I found a statement that Gunk-Out says it's not safe for certain wood and polymers. Oops.

What do you all use for such things and what is a safe bet? Based on current research I'm leaning towards Aerosol CLP. Still, that doesn't work for de-greasing things.

Thoughts?

Edit: It appears Gunk-Out is now discontinued?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    I've got some stuff from my LGS called "Breakthrough Military-Grade Solvent". It comes in a non-aerosol spray bottle. I've used it on my revolvers and polymer-framed bottomfeeders and it worked well. I haven't tried it on my AR or 870.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I use a lot of Hornady One-Shot cleaner/lube.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I started using Hornsby One Shot cleaner+lube recently on my 1911, and it seems to be working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Very new to owing, so I am wondering what some of the "best" options are for cleaning/shooting oil products?
    If I buy a new weapon, what lubricants should I put on it prior to firing it?
    I currently have a Beretta 9mm, and looking to purchase a 45.

If you have a link to a prior thread or videos it would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    I've tried just about everything but a number of years ago I found MPro7 products and have been very happy with them ever since. I ended up being sponsored by them. I gave away hundreds of small display models at matches and guys were amazed at how clean and easy it was to clean their guns. They later came out with a cleaning jell and oil.

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    I've tried just about everything but a number of years ago I found MPro7 products and have been very happy with them ever since. I ended up being sponsored by them. I gave away hundreds of small display models at matches and guys were amazed at how clean and easy it was to clean their guns. They later came out with a cleaning jell and oil.
    If I am not using my ultrasonic, MPro7 is my choice.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Used Hoppe's 9 for a long time. Recently discovered M-Pro 7 bore gel (now discontinued). Inventory label said if reached my country in 2011. Wasn't sure if it would work at all. Turns out it works fine and is odorless (which my household appreciates.)

User Tag List