Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the Holosun PMO product line

509T review by Dave Timm

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Most of the time.

The solar panel's output needs to be split between powering the electronics and charging the battery/capacitor/whatever, but the split isn't fixed.

The electronics that run the sight will always take first cut of the cell's output. Whatever amperage is left over will go to recharge.

The solar cell's output depends on the amount of available light. There may or may not be enough light on overcast days (or other less that full sunlight situations) to power the sight and charge the battery.

They have some problems to overcome when it comes to capacitive operation of the optic, but I sure as shit applaud them for trying to improvise and improve their product lines. They are in the mood to win marketshare so they are responding to customer feedback. I think that's a good thing.

I would think that if they can add a magnetic charging port the sight system would be great. If it can run a full year on a single charge the biggest worry will be to not misplace the charger. Low profile, easy to machine cut out, can use factory sights... I truly wish them luck in making it work reliably

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    They have some problems to overcome when it comes to capacitive operation of the optic
    Curious as to what the problems are. Can you expand on that?

Curious as to what the problems are. Can you expand on that?

Sorry, the post came across as my knowing what they are facing. I have no specific knowledge of their designs. The same issues that folks faced with other rechargeable items, but this time its for a life saving device so the reliability needs to be of a higher order.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Sorry, the post came across as my knowing what they are facing. I have no specific knowledge of their designs. The same issues that folks faced with other rechargeable items, but this time its for a life saving device so the reliability needs to be of a higher order.
    Ah, OK

I tend to lean towards the side of product developers and engineers understanding the core function of their product and proceeding accordingly. In other words I give them the benefit of the doubt that they thought of such issues ahead of time.

But then the product better perform.

Ah, OK

I tend to lean towards the side of product developers and engineers understanding the core function of their product and proceeding accordingly. In other words I give them the benefit of the doubt that they thought of such issues ahead of time.

But then the product better perform.
    Just because they haven’t figured it all out yet doesn’t mean they won’t.

Frankly, for me, the wailing and gnashing of teeth (in two threads, no less) about this prototype new product makes it THE product of SHOT 2020!

I just ordered a 512C, for use on a PCC. It is a closed emitter design and the big brother to the 509T.

http://www.holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/126.html
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just ordered a 512C, for use on a PCC. It is a closed emitter design and the big brother to the 509T.

http://www.holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/126.html
    What about it made you decide on it vs a tubular/cylindrical reflex like the H403/H503/H515?

What about it made you decide on it vs a tubular/cylindrical reflex like the H403/H503/H515?
    I have been using a 510 on a PCC, this is a sealed emitter and is currently being used by Max Leograndis.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but how is the 507/407 for USPSA CO? Primarily thinking of throwing these on a couple of backup guns because they are so affordable, but haven't really messed around with any. Is the window size tiny like the RMR?

User Tag List