Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the Holosun PMO product line

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Yes, but if (big if) their estimates are correct, you only need to leave it in the sun to charge once per year.
    Logistically that's a bigger pain in the ass than sliding a new battery in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    You don't use the window as some sort of peep
    I understand that. As a USPSA shooter yourself, you understand why people like the bigger windows on the Romeo 3 Max, Trijicon SRO, Leupold DPP, etc. I would much rather see Holosun put out a similar optic that is overall similar in window size to an RMR or even a larger optic.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 01-24-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There seem to be a bunch of existing and new Holosun pistol optics. However, I am totally confused as to what and why in the various offerings. Hoping someone can summarize what they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Anyone know what is up with the "battery-less" pistol optic we are seeing from Shot Show pics?
    I'm trying to link a very informative video from the Holosun booth at shot show at the correct time mark.

https://youtu.be/z69MCzbAQnM?t=1909

Holosun starts at about 31'50" if link no workie.

I have an Ecodrive watch with their capacitor. No idea if it's the same thing Holosun will be using, but they can be permanently damaged if you let them discharge too much (like if you leave the watch in a drawer for too long) and it's pretty expensive to replace. Hopefully the no-battery Holosun doesn't have the same problem.

Technically any time you are shooting the pistol and it’s light out you will be charging the sight correct? Therefor unless you leave it in the safe for the duration I do not know if you would ever fully discharge the battery.

The mos specific mounting would be awesome for mos owners. Low mount and less parts with a factory cut slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Technically any time you are shooting the pistol and it’s light out you will be charging the sight correct?
    Most of the time.

The solar panel's output needs to be split between powering the electronics and charging the battery/capacitor/whatever, but the split isn't fixed.

The electronics that run the sight will always take first cut of the cell's output. Whatever amperage is left over will go to recharge.

The solar cell's output depends on the amount of available light. There may or may not be enough light on overcast days (or other less that full sunlight situations) to power the sight and charge the battery.

Soon we are going to have holsters with battery packs and lights mounted in them.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I'm trying to link a very informative video from the Holosun booth at shot show at the correct time mark.

https://youtu.be/z69MCzbAQnM?t=1909

Holosun starts at about 31'50" if link no workie.
    Great video, thank you for the link!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Soon we are going to have holsters with battery packs and lights mounted in them.
    If you’re going that route, a better option might be charging contacts in holster and on optic. Like when I drop my AirPods into their charging case.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    If you’re going that route, a better option might be charging contacts in holster and on optic. Like when I drop my AirPods into their charging case.
    Or wireless charging...

User Tag List