Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the Holosun PMO product line

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, but how is the 507/407 for USPSA CO? Primarily thinking of throwing these on a couple of backup guns because they are so affordable, but haven't really messed around with any. Is the window size tiny like the RMR?
    If the window hasn’t changed from the legacy Holosun PMO, it is a budget gaming optic choice that is likely to be reliable if you get through a week or two, but suffers from a small dot and small display.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been using a 510 on a PCC, this is a sealed emitter
    I understand, so are the Holosuns that are Aimpoint Micro clones.

What about the square shaped one (512) that made you choose it over the tubular ones? Window size? Footprint?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, but how is the 507/407 for USPSA CO? Primarily thinking of throwing these on a couple of backup guns because they are so affordable, but haven't really messed around with any. Is the window size tiny like the RMR?
    The 407/507’s display window has slightly more (10%?) visible area than the RMR, which is a plus. Ins spite of its small (2MOA) dot, I think they’re easier to shoot than an RMR. They’re certainly not optimized for CO like the SRO.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

What about the square shaped one (512) that made you choose it over the tubular ones? Window size? Footprint?
    I like the large, wide display with minimal framing to block down range view. The 510 Holosuns are nearly the default choice for PCC shooters around here, and have been also there showing up on Open guns.

I will say the Holosuns I’ve handled have impressed me, but I’m not convinced they have solved the durability equation quite yet. When they do, they will be a serious force. Until then I personally wouldn’t trust one for a defensive pistol - however I would use one on a race or play gun right now with zero reservations. I tend to be very conservative about RDS - I only trust Aimpoints on long guns for serious social use, too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

If the window hasn’t changed from the legacy Holosun PMO, it is a budget gaming optic choice that is likely to be reliable if you get through a week or two, but suffers from a small dot and small display.
    407CO gets around the small dot issue.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

maybe this was already posted?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    407CO gets around the small dot issue.
    The 407CO reticle is my favorite for a pistol, PCC or any carbine that I have no intention to shoot much further than 100 yards that I've tried so far. It's my go-to budget optic of choice.

I've tried the triangle RMR years ago hoping it would be the ideal mix of fast, easy to find, and precise when you need it but for some reason the triangle shape just fought with my brain so much that it was slower than just a dot. The 407CO ring/donut is big enough to find easy even for new shooters or shooting really fast but lets you be more precise with it when you need to by putting your target inside the ring which is very intuitive for my brain (more so than the triangle anyway) basically working like olympic style 22 bullseye sights I used to use on this rifle I owned many many years ago. That rifle had a front sight that was a ring and a rear sight that was an aperture so to hit your target you centered your target in the front ring and then centered the front ring inside your rear right. Easiest/best iron sights I've ever used. After years with that rifle my brain picked up the ring reticle instantly.

If I could get some for my 10/22 I would be thrilled but tech sights are almost as good and way easier to use.

The only tragedy is I believe Holosun is going to release the 407CO in green eventually and I'm worried I'd love that and need to swap out all the red ones eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

Name:  B4169781-12F7-43D1-9AEA-74C4325DDA21.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  6AA00360-0AA8-4DE4-BD88-4E1D602C4662.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  0A7FA247-D529-4258-BFDD-5EA514292815.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  43.3 KB

Name:  B4169781-12F7-43D1-9AEA-74C4325DDA21.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  6AA00360-0AA8-4DE4-BD88-4E1D602C4662.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  0A7FA247-D529-4258-BFDD-5EA514292815.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  43.3 KB
    What’s the over/under on GJM breaking this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List