Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the Holosun PMO product line

Oh yeah, pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    The 407CO reticle is my favorite for a pistol, PCC or any carbine that I have no intention to shoot much further than 100 yards that I've tried so far. It's my go-to budget optic of choice.

I've tried the triangle RMR years ago hoping it would be the ideal mix of fast, easy to find, and precise when you need it but for some reason the triangle shape just fought with my brain so much that it was slower than just a dot. The 407CO ring/donut is big enough to find easy even for new shooters or shooting really fast but lets you be more precise with it when you need to by putting your target inside the ring which is very intuitive for my brain (more so than the triangle anyway) basically working like olympic style 22 bullseye sights I used to use on this rifle I owned many many years ago. That rifle had a front sight that was a ring and a rear sight that was an aperture so to hit your target you centered your target in the front ring and then centered the front ring inside your rear right. Easiest/best iron sights I've ever used. After years with that rifle my brain picked up the ring reticle instantly.

If I could get some for my 10/22 I would be thrilled but tech sights are almost as good and way easier to use.

The only tragedy is I believe Holosun is going to release the 407CO in green eventually and I'm worried I'd love that and need to swap out all the red ones eventually.
    Just to add to this, I just picked up a 407CO and threw it on a G45, and absolutely love the reticle/donut too. Unfortunately I'm largely limited to dry fire and the coolfire trainer outside of matches since my range is now 90 min away, but I really like this optic. Mike Pannone told me that he thinks the 407 series is the best optic for the money available and he has over 20k on 1 of his Holosuns. He reports that his have all been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Just to add to this, I just picked up a 407CO and threw it on a G45, and absolutely love the reticle/donut too. Unfortunately I'm largely limited to dry fire and the coolfire trainer outside of matches since my range is now 90 min away, but I really like this optic. Mike Pannone told me that he thinks the 407 series is the best optic for the money available and he has over 20k on 1 of his Holosuns. He reports that his have all been solid.
    Is the 407CO a Trijicon footprint?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Is the 407CO a Trijicon footprint?
    Yes
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Yes
    Thank you. Nice option that doesn't break the bank.

I zeroed the new 512 on a MPX PCC today and really liked it. Prefer it to a green 510.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I zeroed the new 512 on a MPX PCC today and really liked it. Prefer it to a green 510.
    How come?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    How come?
    The dot on the 512 seems cleaner. Not sure if it is the closed emitter or something else.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Well now you have me second guessing. I was all set to buy the hs or he 510 for my pcc...

Well screw it. This guy has them with a $50 off coupon so I ordered a 512

https://www.heartoftexasarmory.com/s..._HS512C.html#/

User Tag List