Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the Holosun PMO product line

Can someone explain the Holosun PMO product line

There seem to be a bunch of existing and new Holosun pistol optics. However, I am totally confused as to what and why in the various offerings. Hoping someone can summarize what they have.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There seem to be a bunch of existing and new Holosun pistol optics. However, I am totally confused as to what and why in the various offerings. Hoping someone can summarize what they have.
    My attempt:

507C= core model. 2 MOA dot with 32 MOA ring.
    507C-gr= same as 507C, but with green reticle.
    407C= same as 507 except only 2 MOA dot option
    407CO= one dot option like 407C but instead of a 2MOA dot it is an 8MOA ring
    508T= titanium "elite" models. Like 507C but titanium housing which should be tougher and lighter weight. Also black lettering instead if "Holosun" in big white letters as on cheaper models. Also available in green.
    509T= closed emitter, ACRO-ish clone but with all the 507C/508T features. Unique mounting system that is like ACRO but different with RMR adapters to be available soon. Uses CR1632 battery all above models are CR2032.

507K/407K= Shield RMSC mounting system and size. Like 507C and 407C, the 507K has ring/dot reticle choices while 407K is limited to 2MOA dot.

For 2020 the 507 and 508 are being upgraded with a side loading battery tray and bigger buttons. Unsure if this will extend to 407.
    For 2020 the 508 is being upgraded to a rectangular housing for better durability in drops.

For further confusion I believe they are releasing an amber reticle for color blind folks across their lineup.

Excellent!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Also, here is a comparison of battery capacities:

CR2032= 235 mAH= 407, 507, 508, RMR, DP Pro, RMSc
    Cr1662= 130 mAH= 509, 407/507K(assuming for now), Romeo Zero
    CR1225= 50 mAH = ACRO

Site Supporter
    I know they previously used the 2032, but do the new side-loading 407, 507, 508 optics still use the 2032? Not sure how they could fit that in a side-loader.

Anyone know what is up with the "battery-less" pistol optic we are seeing from Shot Show pics?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    My attempt:

507C= core model. 2 MOA dot with 32 MOA ring.
    507C-gr= same as 507C, but with green reticle.
    407C= same as 507 except only 2 MOA dot option
    407CO= one dot option like 407C but instead of a 2MOA dot it is an 8MOA ring
    508T= titanium "elite" models. Like 507C but titanium housing which should be tougher and lighter weight. Also black lettering instead if "Holosun" in big white letters as on cheaper models. Also available in green.
    509T= closed emitter, ACRO-ish clone but with all the 507C/508T features. Unique mounting system that is like ACRO but different with RMR adapters to be available soon. Uses CR1632 battery all above models are CR2032.

507K/407K= Shield RMSC mounting system and size. Like 507C and 407C, the 507K has ring/dot reticle choices while 407K is limited to 2MOA dot.

For 2020 the 507 and 508 are being upgraded with a side loading battery tray and bigger buttons. Unsure if this will extend to 407.
    For 2020 the 508 is being upgraded to a rectangular housing for better durability in drops.

For further confusion I believe they are releasing an amber reticle for color blind folks across their lineup.
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Anyone know what is up with the "battery-less" pistol optic we are seeing from Shot Show pics?
    Not sure how can it be battery less without something to turn ambient light into a reticle (fiber optic or solar cell) and with something self luminous for when ambient light isn't enough.

Not sure why people are getting stirred up over it when Trijicon did it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Not sure how can it be battery less without something to turn ambient light into a reticle (fiber optic or solar cell) and with something self luminous for when ambient light isn't enough.

Not sure why people are getting stirred up over it when Trijicon did it years ago.
    It's supposed to be solar powered using the existing MOS footprint.

The new 407s will come in v2 (1632 side tray feeding) as well, but dot only like the current gen.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    As a red/green deficient individual, that's a pretty interesting tweak. It looked good in the hall. I need to see it outdoors at noon, in the desert, etc as well as at night with a good WML illuminating a light-colored shirt. But, as of now, I like it's potential.

User Tag List