Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Army to FBI

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    My brother in law is a high school level educated CBP agent. Single. Works a lot. Has about 20 years in. With overtime, working about 60 hours a week he is pulling in $140,000/year before his retirement, health benefits.

There are a lot or primary care physicians that would love that deal.

I have been out of LE for a long time, but wow, I had no idea they are pulling down that kind of jack.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Every surgeon I know. And as a "capped out" 1811 with LEAP, I'm making considerably less than $150K per year - Rest of US locality being what it is...
    I did a quick check; possibly I made a mistake, but as a 13-10 with LEAP in rest of US, you should be within $1,500 of $150,000 a year. Maybe that’s considerable. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I did a quick check; possibly I made a mistake, but as a 13-10 with LEAP in rest of US, you should be within $1,500 of $150,000 a year. Maybe that’s considerable. (?)
    For fucks sake, when did this become an inquisition? My point was simply that the OP's spouse's income AND EARNING POTENTIAL is going to be a LOT larger than any salary he pulls in Federal of Local LE (unless he's moving to Suffolk County, NY).

But, since you've asked, you're incorrect on your interpretation of the pay scales. LEAP and Locality are additive, not multiplicative. So, you get base pay +25% for LEAP, and + % locality. The LEAP doesn't apply to locality pay, and vice versa. I'm making about $142K, if you must know the specifics of what a 13/10 with LEAP in RUS makes.

Public discussion of salaries is giving me Forrest Whittaker eye.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    For fucks sake, when did this become an inquisition? My point was simply that the OP's spouse's income AND EARNING POTENTIAL is going to be a LOT larger than any salary he pulls in Federal of Local LE (unless he's moving to Suffolk County, NY).

But, since you've asked, you're incorrect on your interpretation of the pay scales. LEAP and Locality are additive, not multiplicative. So, you get base pay +25% for LEAP, and + % locality. The LEAP doesn't apply to locality pay, and vice versa. I'm making about $142K, if you must know the specifics of what a 13/10 with LEAP in RUS makes.
    If we were good at math do you think we’d be working for the Government ?

Site Supporter

I’m sorry to have upset you, and I have what may possibly be good news: You’re wrong. LEAP is 25% of adjusted basic pay, which includes locality.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Public discussion of salaries is giving me Forrest Whittaker eye.
    I appreciate it. I find the federal pay structure opaque. The “top line” salaries are pretty low, for my area, but it looks like adding in leap (whatever that is) and locality pay, the overall pay is pretty good. They should probably advertise that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How has the j.edgar comey corruption affected the job?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    How has the j.edgar comey corruption affected the job?
    I don’t think that’s the topic of this thread.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don’t think that’s the topic of this thread.
    What’s the morale like.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

User Tag List