Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alien Gear Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Chuck Pressburg saying if he hadn't removed his DG switch he'd be dead gave me pause.
    Why does Chuck Pressburg's statement have any validity to what a patrol officer/deputy does?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Why does Chuck Pressburg's statement have any validity to what a patrol officer/deputy does?
    I like Chuck. Was on 10-8 forums and lightfighter with him. Dude has been there done that, but I gotta live with my equipment decisions. The mission drives the gear train. The problem is that the top 1% does not have to live with the options open to me, right now. Being part of the US Tier 1 anti terrorist unit is all good and cool, but gear costs bucks. And I am accountable for them.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I like Chuck. Was on 10-8 forums and lightfighter with him. Dude has been there done that, but I gotta live with my equipment decisions. The mission drives the gear train. The problem is that the top 1% does not have to live with the options open to me, right now. Being part of the US Tier 1 anti terrorist unit is all good and cool, but gear costs bucks. And I am accountable for them.

pat
    I agree with you. I've met Chuck and participate in all of those other forums. And, for Chuck's incident, he's probably correct. Context is everything. People frequently use statements from top-end military trainers as an appeal to authority to justify tactics or gear choices applied to LE or civilian self-defense situations. Just because it works for a Ninja-SEAL, doesn't mean it's going to work for Joe Homeowner, or be legal for Joe Homeowner or Smitty Flatfoot.

A bit of historical perspective on holsters and Surefire's remote switches, across the last 18 years. The commonality is molded in channels for the switch.

6280 for a Colt 1911A1 with an incandescent SF Nitrolon on a Dawson rail. The SL style switch was hard-wired into the light:
    Name:  6280-1911-Mil1.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  45.9 KBName:  6280-1911-Mil2.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  67.5 KB

6280 for a railed Springfield LtWt Operator with an X series light and a SL switch:
    Name:  6280-1911-X1.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  50.0 KBName:  6280-1911-x3.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  26.4 KBName:  6280-1911-x2.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  57.0 KB[

6280 for a 9mm M&P with an X series light and the DG switch:
    Name:  6280-M&P-X.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  53.4 KB

No longer made, in this RCS Glock / X300 holster I can see the channel for the attached switch:
    Name:  RCS-Glock-X.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  58.6 KB

User Tag List