Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What do you do when you want to like a gun but don't shoot it as well as your main?

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Yes, material thickness is part of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young%27s_modulus

Find the Calculation Section. It states:
    A is the actual cross-sectional area, which equals the area of the cross-section perpendicular to the applied force;
    The cross sectional area perpendicular to the applied force is the area of the inside of the case where the pressure is contained. Think about the force vector of the expanding gas. At any given point in the interior of the case, that force is acting normally (perpendicularly) to it.

The wall thickness is parallel to the applied force.

Honestly, this may come off as arrogant... but I will make no apologies. I would not consider any S&W products at this point, their track record for dog shit is strong and the opposite side of the coin is H&K's long defended track record of not dog shit. I am not surprised you are having issues 'warming' to the M&P, despite being satisfied with the VP series. I find the VP series to be one of the most intuitive pistols on the market to just pick up and perform well without investing extreme amounts of time to master.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    First, my current go-to practice and match ammunition is primarily Sellier & Bellot-9mm (124 gr). .40 (180 gr), .45 ACP (230 gr) and .357 Magnum (158 gr). It's brass-cased, clean and accurate, and I get it at an excellent price point-about $90 per 1,000.
    Where are you getting S&B 124 gr 9mm for $90/1000? That seems impossibly cheap, given that it's double that price on SG Ammo.

When I get home, I'll check my invoice/receipt, now I'm wondering if it's more like $190...hmmm, I just did my math-it's gotta be around $180-$190-SORRY, GUYS.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Where are you getting S&B 124 gr 9mm for $90/1000? That seems impossibly cheap, given that it's double that price on SG Ammo.
    LOL no shit, I gots to get me some of dat!

When I get home, I'll check my invoice/receipt, now I'm wondering if it's more like $190...hmmm, I just did my math-it's gotta be around $180-$190-SORRY, GUYS.

Best, Jon
    I assumed you meant 190, that sounds right.

So now, do any of you guys smarter than me have an idea how 2 HK barrels were eroded by aluminum case ammo since HK's response doesn't make any mathematical sense?

Lightbulb

Yep, it was $180 for 1K rounds of the S&B 124 gr, with a total of $198 including tax. Sorry for the brief vision of ammunition sugarplums, guys...My bad...(insert crestfallen emoji...)

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post

So now, do any of you guys smarter than me have an idea how 2 HK barrels were eroded by aluminum case ammo since HK's response doesn't make any mathematical sense?
    I recall in our Glock Armorer's course in Sept 2018, there was a discussion of non-toxic primers being a causal factor for that sort of thing; that makes sense. I'd be more inclined to believe that-and I have no idea if aluminum case ammunition manufacturers are concurrently using such non-toxic primers; if so that could lead to the attributive blame.

Best, Jon

Yep, it was $180 for 1K rounds of the S&B 124 gr, with a total of $198 including tax. Sorry for the brief vision of ammunition sugarplums, guys...My bad...(insert crestfallen emoji...)

Best, Jon
    That’s what I’m getting it for from one of the shops in Tacoma as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post

My first thought was some kind of galvanic reaction with the stainless steel in the barrel. But I know next to nothing about that.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List