Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you want to like a gun but don't shoot it as well as your main?

What do you do when you want to like a gun but don't shoot it as well as your main?

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    The VP9 and the M&P 2.0 fit me as well as the Hi-Power.

But I noticed my M&P (Compact 4 in) will not group ANY 147 grn bullet, and meh on most 124 grain. The Federal 9BPLE would stack all 15 rounds in a golf ball sized group.

My VP9 groups all weights equally well. and defiantly no steel or aluminum cased stuff. Hates it worse than a 5 year old eating broccoli...
    You could send it back to S&W for a barrel lockup fix, but after two tries they still couldn’t make my buddy’s two M&P Pros stop shooting shotgun patterns.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-23-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You could send it back to S&W for a barrel lockup fix, but after two tries they still couldn’t make my buddy’s two M&P Pros stop shooting shotgun patterns.
    It's already gone... I've heard of the issues since, and thought for sure they addressed them.

It's already gone... I've heard of the issues since, and thought for sure they addressed them.
    I'm not the right person to comment on this, since I am not an S&W fan. At all. Maybe you know the Offspring song, Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)? To me the M&P is the guy they're talking about.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I'm going to a match on saturday and i'll probably just take the VP9.

On Wendesday or thursday i'll post some actual data. Same drills, pics, times and deduce from there.

Thanks for the input guys.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDY_MARSH View Post
    I'd like to know that if I needed to use steel, aluminum, or anything other than brass - it would work. Which it doesn't. But I guess that's by design.
    Other than some type of unlikely "battlefield pick-up" situation, how might you find yourself forced to use steel or aluminum cased ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Other than some type of unlikely "battlefield pick-up" situation, how might you find yourself forced to use steel or aluminum cased ammo?
    I buy bulk ammo. I've bitten on a few sub $150 deals per 1k of steel 9mm before. I stack them away. I still have plenty of brass lying around, but for now I save the steel for the M&P and my CZ75.

Vending Machine Operator
    My 2.0s outshoot my Gen4 Glocks in my hands and in others. 2.0 S&Ws are fine in the accuracy department. One man’s experience anyway.

I anticipate my incoming Gen5 19 will impress, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I would sell all of them and buy something else. But I’ve also been known to go through guns like normal people go through underwear.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The step was part of the original chamber design by no other than George himself. Here’s something I found in a quick google search:

“G. Luger patented the "offset obturation"or 0.1mm chamber step in 1910, to ensure the chamber sealed gasses when firing the tapered case 9mm( like the bottle necked 7.65mm cartridge accomplished). The stepped chamber was eliminated in the P.08 by the army in late 1941 and early 1942 because of extraction problems when firing the new steel cased cartridges.

For more information see "The Mauser Parabellum" by Hallock & van de Kant and "Pistole Parabellum" by Görtz & Sturgess.”
    Very interesting ! Thanks for the history lesson. All of this explains why my old P-30 did not like some of my reloads, they just wouldn't chamber even after resizing. But, the same ammo worked just fine in my other pistols. I finally traced it back to the brass I was using, I had picked up some range brass after a USPSA match and some of it had been loaded to 9mm major pressure. Use good brass from a trusted source was my lesson.
    Last edited by 19852+; 01-24-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDY_MARSH View Post
    I buy bulk ammo. I've bitten on a few sub $150 deals per 1k of steel 9mm before. I stack them away. I still have plenty of brass lying around, but for now I save the steel for the M&P and my CZ75.
    I haven't bought steel 9mm before, wasn't sure how much it cost. I've been buying S&B brass 9mm from TargetSports for $166 / 1k shipped.

User Tag List