Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PSA PS9 Dagger: The next Glock Killa steps up to the plate

I was wanting to build a Glock clone to go with my PCC (common mags) and was looking at building frame up. Then I saw the price on the Daggers and picked one up with threaded barrel and Tru-Glo suppressor height tritium sights for $350. I cleaned and lubed it and ran it to 500 rounds. Only issue was no loctite on the front site and it shot loose first time out. To me it’s a good loaner, drop it in the mud kind of gun. It would t be my first choice for a carry gun but I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable carrying it either.

The hinged trigger doesn’t bother me but I will probably replace it along with the magazine and slide releases. Glocks are just too big for my hands to manipulate without having to break my grip.

I’ve found that M&P holsters mostly fit but the suppressor height sights are too tall and scrape the inside of the sight channels on everything except an older Safariland. I will probably swap them out at some point.

Vending Machine Operator
    My interest in the Dagger is always inversely proportional to how available/cheap LE trade-ins are. If you can get a Glock or M&P for $350-400 that's the easy choice to me, but for the last few years that hasn't been a given. I suppose if threaded barrel / optics mounting are essential options for the shopper it gets a lot more appealing because those aren't typically available in the trade-in market.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

And here we go, the bundles have begun. An RMR-ready PSA Dagger with threaded barrel and 10 Pmags for $410.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...nt=51655128306

That’s a good deal. I keep thinking about picking one up and swapping the trigger to a normal Glock trigger just for a practice/dry fire gun plus I don’t have a 19 size gun
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I had the opportunity to shoot one of these this week, turns out I have several friends from our club and local USPSA who have purchased these things as a knock around gun.

I found it unremarkable, but that may be a compliment for a gun that is selling for $299 as I type this. Runs fine according to the owner, printed groups for me like a typical Gen 3 G19 would.

With Shadow, Zev, PSA, Polymer 80 and others making functional and practical Glock clones I guess the basic Gen2/3 9mm Glock is like the 1911 in terms of any company can make one, except no custom fitting required.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I had the opportunity to shoot one of these this week, turns out I have several friends from our club and local USPSA who have purchased these things as a knock around gun.

I found it unremarkable, but that may be a compliment for a gun that is selling for $299 as I type this. Runs fine according to the owner, printed groups for me like a typical Gen 3 G19 would.

With Shadow, Zev, PSA, Polymer 80 and others making functional and practical Glock clones I guess the basic Gen2/3 9mm Glock is like the 1911 in terms of any company can make one, except no custom fitting required.

I remember reading years ago that some "industry insider" said that Glock had the best racket going, in that they were making a $199 dollar gun and selling it for $500 as fast as they could make them with good marketing.

Now the debacle of the original Sigmas shows that Glock is doing a bit more than just pumping out cheap crap anyone could make, but the SD9, which is still a Glock clone at heart shows you can make something that is roughly equivalent and sufficient for a pretty low cost.

Hopefully these PSA guns shake out long term.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I remember reading years ago that some "industry insider" said that Glock had the best racket going, in that they were making a $199 dollar gun and selling it for $500 as fast as they could make them with good marketing.
    Those figures also discount a whole bunch of stuff, like startup cost, advertising, etc. Also, Glock doesn’t sell the gun for $500. A gun dealer does, after his markup, who gets it from a distributor, that has their markup, etc. Still, they make a good profit, and why shouldn’t they.

Glock is a great platform, good size/weight ratio, acceptable shooting dynamic and very reliable.
    IMO we just need a frame with slightly less aggressive grip angel, and some backstraps to let everyone find the sweetspot.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mykaren View Post
    IMO we just need a frame with slightly less aggressive grip angel, and some backstraps to let everyone find the sweetspot.
    Sounds like you just described the Shadow Systems frame. I’d love to be able to buy just the DR frame.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Sounds like you just described the Shadow Systems frame. I’d love to be able to buy just the DR frame.
    why we customer need spend extra money to get that. Just buy other popular SFPs

User Tag List