Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PSA PS9 Dagger: The next Glock Killa steps up to the plate

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Patents typically last about 20 years. The original Glock patents would be long expired. Gen3 came out in '98 so those would have just expired.
    Is there anything sufficiently novel and nonobvious in Gen. 3 over and above Gen. 2 for them to get a patent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    I am against everything PSA stands for and no I don't believe they are anymore pro-2A than the next firearms company. Which is to say they're indifferent.
    Huh?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Anybody we know shot these yet?

Site Supporter
    This excites me more than the revolutionary release of the Glock 44.

If I can out a gadget and NY1 trigger on one of these, it might be something I look. Only after others look and test first of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Huh?
    I'm not sure exactly what Navyguns is referring to but I will state that PSA's business model and price structure, while great for the individual consumer, is ruinious for small brick and mortar shops... PSA, with their deals, frequently underprices items below the cost which small dealers pay for a item. That price inevitably becomes the new national standard and small shops are stuck holding inventory they literally have to loose money on in order to move.... This has happened multiple times to several of my friends shops, particularly with smaller inexpensive pistols...which were originally priced at no more than 5 to 10 percent over cost in the first place....

I also do not trust PSA branded AR's or parts.... But that's a personal thing.... For the majority of hobby shooters, which is what better than 90 percent of all AR sales if we are being honest with ourselves, they will serve just fine.

I am intrigued by this new pistol but I would bet that many small shops will be very leery of stocking them, as they know that in a short period of time PSA will be blowing them out the door at prices they can't compete with... All of which is of course great for the consumer, but a brick and mortar can't stay open on transfers alone.. And the ATF takes a dim view of kitchen table FFL's.

The way the local shops around here gouge, I really don't have a problem with PSA killing 'em. But I understand.

I never thought we'd be seeing all this aftermarket Glock stuff.

Part of me thinks it's interesting, part of me really doesn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I went to Glock HQ last month with my Gen3 19 and wife’s 43. No issues with either gun, just wanted them to give both a look-over and I always wanted to check the place out. They practically rebuilt my G19 and even swapped out the mag I had with it for a newer one, because my mag was a pre-drop free design. Didn’t charge me a dime or give me an ounce of hassle.

So yeah, Glock’ll stand behind their stuff in my experience.
    Think of YOUR AVERAGE gunowner....

They aren’t going to Smyrna, GA.

They purchase it; they shoot it 100 times per year. They won’t train with it. It’s just there.

$300 for a solid pistol (if it proves to be that) is good value. In any market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Think of YOUR AVERAGE gunowner....

They aren’t going to Smyrna, GA.

They purchase it; they shoot it 100 times per year. They won’t train with it. It’s just there.

$300 for a solid pistol (if it proves to be that) is good value. In any market.

You seem to have missed what my post was in reference to. I was agreeing with the person I quoted in response to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    Big difference is if something breaks, PSA will fix it.

"Palmetto State Armory states the PS9 Dagger will be backed by a full lifetime warranty."
    http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...ry-ps9-dagger/ .
    I was communicating my own experience that Glock will take care of their firearms, which the directly above post attempts to imply that PSA would fix stuff free of charge whereas other known-quality manufacturers wouldn’t.

And as has been pointed out prior, an individual can routinely find used, known-quality firearms for a similar price point should they expend even a minuscule effort in their searching. That’s not to diminish the potential of this pistol, as I’m certainly intrigued.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...me-black2.html

Complete frame for $99. I bought one. What the hell, why not.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    PSA Has Dagger RMR cut slides with lower 1/3 co-witness BUIS for $169.

They are complete less barrel and RSA. If I understand correctly these should fit Gen 2 and Gen 3 Glock 19’s.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...01-51655116530

User Tag List