Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA PS9 Dagger: The next Glock Killa steps up to the plate

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    There are a lot of people that don’t know; don’t care and just want the cheapest. Reliable and durable are often not synonymous with the cheapest available. I can hear the gun shop commandos now- it’s just as good as a Glock, Glock makes them for PSA. PSA bought Glock’s old machines. Agency xyz issues them. I was in my LGS the other day and a guy asked them to price match a Ruger LCP with Cabela’s. He walked out when they wouldn’t come down 12 bucks. 12 bucks. You couldn’t pay me 50 bucks to go through the pain in the ass process of buying a gun at Cabela’s. 200 bucks? Ok
    Consider that this thing is in the ballpark of a Beretta APX..............

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    I hate hinged triggers.
    Same here. Definitely a "deal breaker" for me.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Same here. Definitely a "deal breaker" for me.
    Evidently it takes any Glock trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Evidently it takes any Glock trigger
    And the clouds part.

Didn't know if internals were interchangeable to that extent; now I do. Thanks!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    And the clouds part.

Didn't know if internals were interchangeable to that extent; now I do. Thanks!
    Per PSA guy I talked to, all parts are 100% interchangeable with Gen 3 parts.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Per PSA guy I talked to, all parts are 100% interchangeable with Gen 3 parts.
    That opens lots of options. Good foresight on behalf of PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Consider that this thing is in the ballpark of a Beretta APX..............
    Yep...and the price that gets even the newest 2.0 M&P's to actually move off the shelves at any gun store around here.

Both M&P and APX lines are simply too bulky for Average Joe who is not using his pistols for duty or competition. Especially their 27oz+ compact 9mm's...not attractive in today's market where many more people actually carry guns around, in normal clothes at that.

~~~~~~~~~

Really only a handful of brands sell well at or above the $500 mark, a couple of them just managing because of nostalgia.

Reason Ruger started their newest 9mm line at the same $300 price as these PSA's and brought out a 5.7 and fancy sixguns for those upper margins. S&W moved Shields to the same price years ago and they sold like crazy....the once $500 Walther PPS is always $280-300 nowadays because they like money also.

PSA would have been foolish to go higher with this pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    Both M&P and APX lines are simply too bulky for Average Joe who is not using his pistols for duty or competition. Especially their 27oz+ compact 9mm's...not attractive in today's market where many more people actually carry guns around, in normal clothes at that.
    The Average Joe carries a tiny little pistol that hardly anyone can shoot well, but it doesn't matter because he doesn't shoot it anyway. it's the market.....

I hardly carry my J frame and the pistols I've always carried the most (wearing normal clothes) have all been G19-sized or larger

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I hope this ends up being the greatest thing since canned beer. So when people that only want to spend $300 ask me “what gun should I buy” I can point them to something that doesn’t suck.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I got some more photos today.

The upcoming RMR version:

Close up of the RMR cut. It's a real cutout ala Brownells slide, instead of a plate system.

I fully expect we will end up seeing a factory PSA Dagger w/ installed Holosun 507c for ~$500.

By comparison, a G19 5 MOS FS is $620 without optic and plastic sights...

Needless to say, if PSA ever goes public, I'd be buying stock

Here's a shot of the Dagger internals. Clearly a Gen 3 layout:

Interesting. It looks like the front rails are part of the locking block. I was wondering what that front pin in the frame was for. I wonder how that will hold up compared to the rails molded into the frame.

User Tag List