Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA PS9 Dagger: The next Glock Killa steps up to the plate

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I held the Dagger at SHOT yesterday, and talked to them about it for awhile.

It's actually a very nice pistol.

-Ergonomics were not as good as the Nomad or Timberwolf 2.0 frame. But they are far better then the Gen 3 / Gen 4 Glock. Only one finger groove, and a more subdued grip angle / grip size then the G3/G4.

-Factory M&P trigger is lame, but the gun is drop in compatible with all Gen 3 Glock parts

-Slide and Barrel are Nitrided

-Comes with real, metal sights, as well as a metal guide rod

-RMR Milled version was on display, will be for sale in the coming months for slightly more money.

Frankly if this didn't say PSA on it, and instead said "POF/ZEV/Agency/etc" it would be entirely believable as an $800-$1200 Gucci Glock. It does not feel at all like a $300 gun.

I can already PSA 'deals' with this being outrageous.

IE: "PSA Dagger + 10x Magpul G19 Mags + 1000rd 9mm for $500 shipped."

Or: "PSA Dagger Optic Cut+ Holosun 507 for $500 shipped"

PSA is going to sell a metric ton of these things.
    #PSAAllTheThings
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    There are a lot of people that don’t know; don’t care and just want the cheapest. Reliable and durable are often not synonymous with the cheapest available. I can hear the gun shop commandos now- it’s just as good as a Glock, Glock makes them for PSA. PSA bought Glock’s old machines. Agency xyz issues them. I was in my LGS the other day and a guy asked them to price match a Ruger LCP with Cabela’s. He walked out when they wouldn’t come down 12 bucks. 12 bucks. You couldn’t pay me 50 bucks to go through the pain in the ass process of buying a gun at Cabela’s. 200 bucks? Ok
    Last edited by Poconnor; 01-24-2020 at 09:39 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    There are a lot of people that don’t know; don’t care and just want the cheapest. Reliable and durable are often not synonymous with the cheapest available. I can hear the gun shop commandos now- it’s just as good as a Glock, Glock makes them for PSA. PSA bought Glock’s old machines. Agency xyz issues them. I was in my LGS the other day and a guy asked them to price match a Ruger LCP with Cabela’s. He walked out when they wouldn’t come down 12 bucks. 12 bucks. You couldn’t pay me 50 bucks to go through the pain in the ass process of buying a gun at Cabela’s. 200 bucks? Ok
    Ever since I found my tabletop FFL, 1/4 a mile from my front door, all of my gun purchases have been online.

If you think about it, this is kind of like the 1911 Cottage Industry of the late 1970’s, early 1980’s. You had Colt, but the demand was high and people wanted factory “custom” guns. Pachmayr, Swenson and others were building beautiful custom 1911’s, Guns and Ammo, American Handgunner, Combat Handguns and Shooting Times featured them in almost every issue. Then tons of 1911 companies popped up. They ranged from small parts like extended and ambi thumb safeties, sights, triggers, etc... Who remembers MS Safari Arms and their Enforcer? There was Crown City Arms, AMT.... a little company in Arkansas called Wilson Combat, and a lot more. Eventually, Springfield Armory got into the fray. I think the 1911 community is better off now than it was back then.

Edited, just saw an 80% P320 chassis. The Glock cottage industry is dead. Long live the king.
    Last edited by Inkwell 41; 01-24-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’ve never heard of Glock CS to be exceptionally difficult, and OEM parts are relatively inexpensive and easy to find. Not to mention the deepest aftermarket parts availability of any handgun.
    I went to Glock HQ last month with my Gen3 19 and wife’s 43. No issues with either gun, just wanted them to give both a look-over and I always wanted to check the place out. They practically rebuilt my G19 and even swapped out the mag I had with it for a newer one, because my mag was a pre-drop free design. Didn’t charge me a dime or give me an ounce of hassle.

So yeah, Glock’ll stand behind their stuff in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I can already PSA 'deals' with this being outrageous.

IE: "PSA Dagger + 10x Magpul G19 Mags + 1000rd 9mm for $500 shipped."

Or: "PSA Dagger Optic Cut+ Holosun 507 for $500 shipped"
    Hell I'd blow five hundos on one of those deals.....
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-24-2020 at 12:40 PM.

I find it a bit humorous to see Glock finally going down the path the beloved 1911 did. In a few years guys will be talking about "original factory design and specs".

I got some more photos today.

The upcoming RMR version:

Close up of the RMR cut. It's a real cutout ala Brownells slide, instead of a plate system.

I fully expect we will end up seeing a factory PSA Dagger w/ installed Holosun 507c for ~$500.

By comparison, a G19 5 MOS FS is $620 without optic and plastic sights...

Needless to say, if PSA ever goes public, I'd be buying stock

Here's a shot of the Dagger internals. Clearly a Gen 3 layout:

Do you know who makes the whole thing for them?

Or do they source/make the components and assemble in house?

Anyway, somebody had a clue and ran the grip texture up higher than anyone else. Could use even more but a wood burner will fix that PDQ.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Hell I'd blow five hundos on one of those deals.....
    Yeah, I would as well. If it runs that's my new "hey close friend expressing a serious interest in shooting, here is your unlimited term loan" gift.

User Tag List