Thread: AAC Ti-Rant 45M 9mm 1/2x28 Pistol Availability

AAC Ti-Rant 45M 9mm 1/2x28 Pistol Availability

Last year I finally escaped NY and moved to a freer state. Naturally I immediately started the paperwork on a pistol suppressor. After a fair amount of research I settled on the AAC Ti-Rant 45m. While I primarily shoot 9mm, I do shoot .45, and the ability to use the can with both was an obvious choice. I placed the order in June 2019 and also ordered a 9mm 1/2x28 piston at the same time, which was backordered.

Fast forward to almost February 2020, and my paperwork should come through any day now. And the piston is still backordered. I contacted Silencer Shop where I placed the order, and they basically said they can't tell me anything, they don't have them so they can't ship them. I called AAC and got a woman, who sounded like she wanted to be anywhere else, and who told me the same thing; they are being manufactured but she couldn't offer the tiniest sliver of information on why it's been 7 months, or when I would finally receive the part. Lots of one word answers with long sighs.

I post this for two reasons, one, to potentially save someone from making the mistake I did (depending on the backordered part to make use of the can, assuming a backordered part would be in faster than it takes the ATF to process a tax stamp, working with AAC at all). And two, to see if anyone out there knows something that neither Silencer Shop or AAC knows or at least can tell me. I know there are some well-connected folks on here.

In the mean time my HK45 is ready to go with a new threaded barrel, and I guess I will be shooting .45ACP for a little bit.
    Join FPC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Last year I finally escaped NY and moved to a freer state. Naturally I immediately started the paperwork on a pistol suppressor. After a fair amount of research I settled on the AAC Ti-Rant 45m. While I primarily shoot 9mm, I do shoot .45, and the ability to use the can with both was an obvious choice. I placed the order in June 2019 and also ordered a 9mm 1/2x28 piston at the same time, which was backordered.

Fast forward to almost February 2020, and my paperwork should come through any day now. And the piston is still backordered. I contacted Silencer Shop where I placed the order, and they basically said they can't tell me anything, they don't have them so they can't ship them. I called AAC and got a woman, who sounded like she wanted to be anywhere else, and who told me the same thing; they are being manufactured but she couldn't offer the tiniest sliver of information on why it's been 7 months, or when I would finally receive the part. Lots of one word answers with long sighs.

I post this for two reasons, one, to potentially save someone from making the mistake I did (depending on the backordered part to make use of the can, assuming a backordered part would be in faster than it takes the ATF to process a tax stamp, working with AAC at all). And two, to see if anyone out there knows something that neither Silencer Shop or AAC knows or at least can tell me. I know there are some well-connected folks on here.

In the mean time my HK45 is ready to go with a new threaded barrel, and I guess I will be shooting .45ACP for a little bit.
    Will this one work https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-x-28-AA....c100005.m1851

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post

Suggestion...

Reach out to Mike Smith (aka - SilentMike) at AAC (AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer).
    He's a good guy and was very helpful when I had some technical questions about a few items last year.
    His contact info is posted on a few different forums, so I'm not posting anything here that he hasn't put out there himself.

Mike Smith
    SilentMike/AAC
    404-213-7753
    michael.smith@remington.com

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Suggestion...

Reach out to Mike Smith (aka - SilentMike) at AAC (AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer).
    He's a good guy and was very helpful when I had some technical questions about a few items last year.
    His contact info is posted on a few different forums, so I'm not posting anything here that he hasn't put out there himself.

Mike Smith
    SilentMike/AAC
    404-213-7753
    michael.smith@remington.com
    Mike Smith is no longer with AAC, he's with Dead Air now.

User Tag List