Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need an “old school” fixed blade

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

Need an “old school” fixed blade

Not a knife guy. I own a few Spydercos, a little Böker, and my EDC which is a CRKT Ignitor-T I’ve carried for probably 10yrs now.

I read the Field Knife thread, but am looking for something a bit more classic (or classic styled) that would both be utilitarian, and also blend well with a six gun and lever rifle. I have ZERO ideas where to start looking. Like stated, unlike firearms, knives for me have always been typically whatever I stumble onto at the hardware store. Use is for general camp style and field tasks.

Let the suggestions fly!

Thank you.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Something Lima a Buck 119? Case also makes traditionally styled fixed blades with leather handles and sheaths.

This Dozier Personal is about as old-school as I'm willing to go. Price shipped should be sub-$250, and it's a LOT of knife for the money.

Shown for scale.

Left side.

Right side.

In the sheath.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Wow. That was quick. Thanks.

Yeah...that Dozer is what the exceedingly small file in my brain is thinking.

Keep ‘em coming!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

An ESEE-4 maybe? A bit more modern looking.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter

Halloran RD

Tom Halloran makes good knives. The RD (Riding Dirty) is my favorite hunting/camp knife. https://halloranknives.com/rd

Old school--how about a Condor Hudson Bay modeled after a mountain man knife? Never owned a Condor and I've read that QC is spotty but this one seems to get good reviews. A smaller version is also available.

Name:  Hudson bay.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  19.2 KB

Winkler Knives' belt knife.

I absolutely love mine.

https://winklerknives.com/collection...=7282769395735

Old school

Check out Bark River knives on Dlt trading or Knives ship free, they are american made, they do lots of clasic models and newer designs, the are hand finished and have a almost no questions asked warranty

User Tag List