Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light mount for a double barrel?

Light mount for a double barrel?

I'm looking for a solution to mounting a light underneath a double barrel configuration shotgun. Strictly a house gun rig, so it doesn't really have to be permanent/service duty sort of thing, but that would certainly be preferable.

There are a few picatinny rail mounts that fit onto front sling swivels but I have no idea which brands might be junk. Thanks for the help.Name:  pix667634623.jpg
Views: 3913
Size:  50.5 KB

Bicycle inner tube... pretty sure Clint smith had a video out there and it works for the limited duty task you’re asking of it.

I would electrical tape a polymer Surefire to the barrels and call it done.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Pine pitch torch lashed on with sisal rope.

I like the torch idea, but surely hemp is both traditional as well as sustainable.

The tube/tape idea is a real possibility but I would like something more... engineering elegant.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Bicycle inner tube... pretty sure Clint smith had a video out there and it works for the limited duty task you’re asking of it.
    That was my solution. Works well enough for my very limited uses of a coach gun.

If you also put the flashlight in its own section of inner tube, you will greatly reduce the inevitable scratches to your shotgun.
    Ordinary guy

Site Supporter
    180 seconds of searching has me reccommending three items

25.00 USA made-intersection of quality and value-Blackhawk
    https://www.amazon.com/Blackhawk-Swi...9795819&sr=8-6

69.00 GG&G. USA made. Top quality and have been in the "Mounts" business forever. GG&G may not be the lightest, or cheapest, but their stuff is well made and works.

https://www.amazon.com/GGG-1789-Swiv...8832011&sr=8-1

9ish -Bag of Ranger bands. Add some foam/ball of tape/wood or plastic block etc to push out the rear end of the light, band light in place and drive on.

https://www.amazon.com/Ranger-Rubber...1617011&sr=8-9

PS-pattern your gun with whatever load you are going to use. While flite control buck is a go to choice, you may not need such an expensive/premium buckshot in the confines of the dimensions of your home (presuming that is where this SG is going to be used) to get the "pattern" you are looking for. i.e. even the cheapest buck may stay 8 inch tight in the 12 yrds of the hallway of your house.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    The tube/tape idea is a real possibility but I would like something more... engineering elegant.
    Zip ties?
    Last edited by That Guy; 01-24-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

If that is Bruce Campbell, my search is complete.
    My apologies to weasels.

User Tag List