Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light mount for a double barrel?

Site Supporter
    What model shotgun is that?

At the risk of going into the pure oddball: a Charles Daly Triple barrel 20 gauge. The picture shows that the front sling swivel is not a simple stud design so that does complicate a light mount. Tape/zip-ties/sisal rope might have to be the solution.

I like the simplicity and compactness of a coach gun but three is more than two and it's as simple as it gets for a wife who isn't an absolute regular at the range. The 12 gauge variant is a tick over eight pounds empty, the twenty a tick over seven. Therefore 20 gauge. However, I guess the thread title isn't completely precise...

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    If that is Bruce Campbell, my search is complete.
    From the last episode of Ash Vs. the Evil Dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I started experimenting. I started with an old Surefire G2, will use two #318 O-rings on the body to hold the bezel off the barrels and keep the light aligned to the POA, and placed an old Surefire 6P remote tailcap I have (clones available) on the G2 body. Stuck a Malkoff M61 module in the bezel - so far, so good.

I have to get a bicycle inner tube to experiment with, but some Gorilla tape would certainly hold it all on without any permanent mods or finish damage to the SG.

Sort of amusing, but it would definitely add some capability to a Fudd gun. I'll post some photos of mine when I have it as good as it's going to get.

User Tag List