Page 8 of 725 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus thread

The general level of health & sanitation in the USA is generally a level higher than a good part of the rest of the world.
    Having clean running water, flush toilets, toilet paper, and a general habit of using soap helps lots in keeping this sort of thing from really hurting us.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Excellent... and scary. Who knows what the real situation is in the epicenter of the outbreak. China is all about lies.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone pointed out that China's policy will be lying about disease stats? It will be cover up as usual. About India and China. The "bribe" gets things done in these countries. Hence, not much will be done within needed time constraints. That is an observation and not a criticism.

Site Supporter
    I still feel strongly that this will be a non-event in terms of US public health, thanks in part to the Public Health Service and also thanks to the Pacific ocean. With the quarantines that China put in place, I suspect that the we are near the high point for imported cases. I'm not following it closely, but I haven't heard about any domestically acquired cases yet.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I still feel strongly that this will be a non-event in terms of US public health, thanks in part to the Public Health Service and also thanks to the Pacific ocean. With the quarantines that China put in place, I suspect that the we are near the high point for imported cases. I'm not following it closely, but I haven't heard about any domestically acquired cases yet.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Experts disagree. Quarantines went into effect after 5mil people left wuhan

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Excellent... and scary. Who knows what the real situation is in the epicenter of the outbreak. China is all about lies.
    Tyrannical states can't help it. Everything that makes the State look bad MUST be suppressed and covered up and lied about- even if thousands of people will die because of inaction.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Epidemiologist Dr. Eric Ding post some interesting stuff on his Twitter about it. @DrEricDing.

He seems to believe it will go global and is calling for for the WHO to declare an emergency. That doesn't mean the sky is falling but it does mean that people should maybe take it a bit seriously.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Epidemiologist Dr. Eric Ding post some interesting stuff on his Twitter about it. @DrEricDing.

He seems to believe it will go global and is calling for for the WHO to declare an emergency. That doesn't mean the sky is falling but it does mean that people should maybe take it a bit seriously.
    Still not stressed.

Jan 27, 9pm est, 4744 confirmed, 100 deaths. Confirmed cased are just about doubling daily. I think this will be a shitstorm for China. I'm not too worried about a world pandemic. Depends on how many of those travelers who left the infected areas (estimated 5 million) prior to the quarantine were actually infected and to where they have dispersed.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List