Page 701 of 725 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Typo. The first shot wasn't bad. My arm was sore overnight, but that's it.
    I knowed it was a typo. I had the same typo here several years ago. I’m very spelling challenged (the struggle is real) and autocorrect is a nessessery evil. I was just welcoming you to the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I wonder if that's going to happen. If my memory is correct, it was cheap-ass beekeepers' cutting down on the strength of the antibiotic to save money that resulted in a resistant varroa mite.

Anyhoo, I got Pfizer shit #1 a couple of weeks ago, shot #2 in about ten days.
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    I knowed it was a typo. I had the same typo here several years ago. I’m very spelling challenged (the struggle is real) and autocorrect is a nessessery evil. I was just welcoming you to the club.
    I find that autocorrect is more trouble than it's worth. (It's never "duck", for one.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Good podcast on a "phased" way of looking at upper respiratory infections/COVID19 that could explain variability in certain interventions, and lots of good talk on low-cost/effort interventions (sleep quality, Vit D, hydrotherapy).

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/roger-seheult

For those unfamiliar, Dr. Patrick is the real deal.

I got Moderna #1 yesterday, 4 weeks til #2.
    A friend got Pfizer #1 yesterday, 3 weeks til #2.

We wanted a celebratory cocktail, so I looked up alcohol after vaccination and found that it was OK in moderation.
    BUT, if you get the Russian Sputnik V vaccine, they say no vodka for two months. Like that will happen.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I'm happy to report that my wife and I have recovered from COVID 19 and back to normal life, both mild cases. In my case I had some lung inflammation and it'll take me a bit of time to get 100% fit again.

One of my best friends was not so lucky and just died from complications derived from COVID after an epic three month fight. He was 58, extremely obese, high blood pressure, etc. and initially had mild symptoms, only to get intubated overnight at day 15. Please take care of your basic health, guys.

Sorry to hear about your friend, but I’m glad to hear you all are doing well.

What was the treatment protocol for you and your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend, but I’m glad to hear you all are doing well.

What was the treatment protocol for you and your wife?
    Stay at home, total rest, check the oxygen saturation often and drink lots of fluids. Paracetamol (acetaminophen) as needed for pain reliever and a fever reducer. I also took a course of Azithromycin beginning at day seven for prophylaxis, when the low grade fever and head/neck aches were a concern. At day ten my CT scan showed the tell-tale "clouds" of lung inflammation, so I had a few more days of rest, which luckily paid off.

My wife is 49 and had a very mild case, I'm 58 and while weak and tired for a few days, with low fevers, headaches and increased heart rate now at day 18 I'm back to normal. Obviously I'm going to take some time off before excercising normally, and start gradually.

Our three kids all tested negative.
    Last edited by TiroFijo; 03-04-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Stay at home, total rest, check the oxygen saturation often and drink lots of fluids. Paracetamol (acetaminophen) for pain reliever and a fever reducer. I also took a course of Azithromycin beginning at day seven for prophylaxis, when the low grade fever and head/neck aches were a concern. At day ten my CT scan showed the tell-tale "clouds" of lung inflammation, so I had a few more days of rest, wich luckily paid off.

My wife is 49 and had a very mild case, I'm 58 and while weak and tired for a few days, with low fevers, headaches and increased heart rate now at day 18 I'm back to normal. Obviously I'm going to take some time off before excercising normally, and start gradually.

Our three kids all tested negative.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

My brother, who is 43, had it and when we went hiking down on the Texas border earlier this week, he took it easy. He is ok, but not 100% yet as far as going non stop. Maybe I should have too, because I’m dealing with an “Id reaction” and I look like a victim of an extinct plague.

My wife is a believer in taking the pain/fever reducer if you get the virus.

In your country, can you get most antibiotics over the counter or is it like the USA where you need a prescription?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    In your country, can you get most antibiotics over the counter or is it like the USA where you need a prescription?
    You need a prescription.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone here had both the H1N1 and Covid19?

If so, how did they compare for you ?

I received my second Pfizer shot about 3 weeks ago. No side effects except for a a little soreness and mild fatigue.

My wife received her second Moderna shot two weeks ago. She too had the same mild side effects.

User Tag List