Page 689 of 725 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    English! Do you speak it m'fer? [/Samuel L. Jackson]

I had to google those terms.

Chris
    Lol sorry. In addition to all the med ed I took latin in HS so I am guilty of indulging in those 10 cent words more often than I should :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Just got my second dose yesterday. Other than a mildly sore arm I have no issues. I'm 67 in a couple of days so I was glad to have this available.
    Several of my friends and coworkers that received dose number 2 last week reported mild flu-like sx lasting less than 24 hrs. We received the Pfizer as well.
    I took Tylenol and Pepcid before the injection, JIC.

Thoughts and Prayers for all that have been struggling with this. I lost my mother to COVID last September and my sister, also an RN, was hospitalized in ICU/SD, but went home on o2 after a week.
    She's back working now.

A lot of people are touched by this. Thanks for the great info and contributions in this thread.
    So sorry to hear about your mom. COVID definitely feels like it's come home this winter. I will be glad to have it behind us.

Glad you've gotten something out of my posting here - that's very flattering of you to say. The whole COVID experience has been tremendously humbling at a pretty formative period in my career - will definitely indelibly shape my professional future.

We reported a significant nonfatal clinical event shortly after a second dose to Pfizer and FDA this week. The natural frequency of these is low enough that the Pfizer study could've been underpowered to see those, but high enough that we should be able to understand if there is any cause-effect after 10 mil US vaccines been given. For now we're treating it as coincidental.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Dad and FIL live in the same assisted living joint in Phoenix, and got their first dose today. I’ll have to call the facility to see which it was, they didn’t ask. No sore arms, but men of their generation wouldn’t admit it if they were.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Oh man. I spoke too soon about the vax side effects. Had killer myalgia/arthralgia that kept me up last night. Injection sight is incredibly sore too. Feels like Mike Tyson gave me a dead arm.

on the plus side, I guess that means its working?
    The way I look at it is,

"Yup, that's how hardcore the antibodies to an escaped BSL-4 weaponized virus are."
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Oh man. I spoke too soon about the vax side effects. Had killer myalgia/arthralgia that kept me up last night. Injection sight is incredibly sore too. Feels like Mike Tyson gave me a dead arm.

on the plus side, I guess that means its working?
    I got the first dose of the moderna one a week ago and had basically no side effects beyond a little soreness. A lot of the other people who got it around me talked about it being like a tetanus shot on roids. My mom got the first dose from moderna on the same day and didn't have any pain but got a decent fever, nausea, chills, etc. Definitely weird how it affects some people but not others.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    We reported a significant nonfatal clinical event shortly after a second dose to Pfizer and FDA this week. The natural frequency of these is low enough that the Pfizer study could've been underpowered to see those, but high enough that we should be able to understand if there is any cause-effect after 10 mil US vaccines been given. For now we're treating it as coincidental.
    Anaphylaxis, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The way I look at it is,

"Yup, that's how hardcore the antibodies to an escaped BSL-4 weaponized virus are."
    @pangloss probably knows better than I do, but I'd guess this is because of the mRNA vaccine approach, which probably does a better job of activating T and B cell arms of immune system than regular killed vaxes.

Something else, that can also be caused by the virus itself.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I've got three of my family members in the hospital now. My mom, dad, and sister. I'd like to cut coronavirus' nuts off with a rusty dull blade.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

A friend of mine’s wife had an anaphylactic reaction to the Pfizer vaccine about a week ago. She has a history of reactions, but got cleared by her doctor to take the vaccine. Her reaction was significant, and has been in and out of the hospital over the last week. Local doctors, the health department, and the CDC have been unable to help her.

I got my first Moderna shot on Monday, arm started hurting near the end of the day and then very difficult to move it for the next 3 days. Slight fatigue/headache post shot on the first day but nothing since then. Hopefully the second shot not too bad

User Tag List