Page 623 of 725 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633673723 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    To start at zero we'd have to have a week with no deaths from any cause. It's a graph of all deaths. The cause of the spike is for the readers to argue about. ;-)

Annual deaths are roughly 3 million, so 50-60,000 per week seems about right for normal.
    It's not that important, but I think you missed my point. Here is the exact same (arbitrary made up) data visualized 2 different ways:

Default excel chart, with the axis intercept at zero
    Name:  Chart with Axis starting at zero.png
Views: 608
Size:  18.8 KB

Same data, with the axi adjusted to cross at 50,000
    Name:  Chart with axis adjusted.png
Views: 608
Size:  24.0 KB

The first one gives you a true visualization of the difference in the 2 data series, the 2nd one highlights the differences.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The first one gives you a true visualization of the difference in the 2 data series, the 2nd one highlights the differences.
    Yep, I'm no 'everything is fine, itz just the flu' guy, but that axis did need to start at zero for the graph to be a true representation of the situation.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Transplant patients is much better - off nitric and pressors for a while. Sill on milrinone and inotropic dose epi to offload her RV. Neurologically interactive. Vent settings reasonable and will like be extubated in the next couple of days.
    How are her kidneys after all that? Would suck to be on deck for a 2nd tpx after the first one went as it did...

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Transplant patients is much better - off nitric and pressors for a while. Sill on milrinone and inotropic dose epi to offload her RV. Neurologically interactive. Vent settings reasonable and will like be extubated in the next couple of days.
    Glad to hear.

Not out of the woods yet, but certainly encouraging.

Site Supporter
    West Coast including my state of Washington seems to be headed toward increased restrictions with a non-essential travel ban in place for all three states. Correct me if I got my info wrong.

Unsure if it will change much in my county as several businesses I use - chainsaw shop, auto parts, etc have never followed the mask order from the beginning.

I do have an vague plan to visit California in January to get some sun and warm times and visit friends we’ll see how that evolves but pretty committed to the idea. After spending a few weeks at wildland fires were are following of guidelines were lax and I am not seeing any news or info of those large 1000+ people gatherings from all over the US causing many issues.

Weird times continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    West Coast including my state of Washington seems to be headed toward increased restrictions with a non-essential travel ban in place for all three states. Correct me if I got my info wrong.
    In California it is an advisory for non essential travel to quarantine for 14 days. There is no enforcement mechanism, nor any financial assistance for those not supposed to work for 2 weeks. It is just a bluff to try and get fewer people to travel for thanksgiving..

I’m still planning on driving home to NH from IL for Thanksgiving week - I need to move my greyhound there. I’m not too worried, I’ll only be doing pay at the pump gas and drivethrough food which will be a pain on the NY Throughway, since all the rest stops I know are get-out-of-the-car type. I can piss on the side of the road.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Cook county is about to drop a stay at home advisory on Monday.

Also three of my co-workers got COVID last week. It feels a little different this time around, but I'm not afraid for myself.

I have canceled holiday plans with the family unfortunately.

My niece and nephew both take corticosteroids, my father is on immune modulators for psoriatic arthritis.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Today, I talked to the FD that I retired from a few years back. They currently have 11 people off duty with covid out of a line staff of about 75 or 80. I asked if they're sick, or just tested positive and the answer is sick. It's unknown if the spread has been within the department or by infection from the community at large. Their call volume is also way up even after eliminating response to low priority EMS calls. During the spring start of the festivities, they had nobody sick and while calls bumped up, it wasn't out of hand. The current situation just seems more intense than the early days.

Cases are way up but the death rate of patients is down according to NPR. This is a month ago.

The study, which was of a single health system, finds that mortality has dropped among hospitalized patients by 18 percentage points since the pandemic began. Patients in the study had a 25.6% chance of dying at the start of the pandemic; they now have a 7.6% chance
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List