Page 595 of 725 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Two interesting developments, if they turn out to be correct:

Florida doctors found a coronavirus cure that’s nearly 100% effective

"AdventHealth Ocala doctors treated their patients with a combination of four types of drugs under the acronym ICAM.
    ICAM is a COVID-19 therapy designed to boost the immune system while preventing inflammation in the lungs.
    A clinical trial is underway to prove the findings. If it’s found to be safe and effective, ICAM therapy might be used on COVID-19 patients without the need to hospitalize them."

Routine blood test may identify patients at risk for severe COVID-19

"The analysis revealed that patients with red cell distribution width, or RDW, above the normal range were nearly three times as likely to die from the disease, the data showed."
    Interesting.... Follows along with some of the anecdotal things I've read over the last few months...

I pulled my last lab report to check my RDW. RDW is GTG.
    Makes up for my shitty cholesterol, maybe.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Trump, 74, has just tested positive for covid19 after being in contact with an infected staffer.

Maybe now he'll take it seriously?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Trump, 74, has just tested positive for covid19 after being in contact with an infected staffer.
    Assuming it was Hope Hicks, who I went to high school with, weirdly enough. Her most defining characteristic was that she was as dumb as a brick wall. The teachers at our HS nicknamed her "hopeless." You know it is bad if your teachers have a mean nickname for you.

Color me skeptical.

Scenario #1: He actually has 'rona, and they would have preferred to cover it up and keep it a secret for as long as possible. But since the dx of Hopeless (thanks @Nephrology ) already was in the street, and this administration can't keep a secret, they preferred to get out ahead of it.

Scenario #2: He doesn't actually have 'rona. He'll be out of circulation for a week or so, watching re-runs of Ice Station Zebra and storing bottles of his own pee, but NOT on the news saying stupid stuff. He remerges, says "that was no worse than the sniffles," and gets a rating boost among the room temperature IQ crowd for being strong enough to beat the 'rona.

2020 does drag on.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Maybe now he'll take it seriously?
    Did it change his psychic twin, Jair Bolsonaro's mind on a thing? Unless he ends up near death and physically disfigured, I don't see how it would.

I give Trump credit enough to assume he won't bust out with "the mask gave me lung fungus" bit. (crossing fingers)

After the Woodward stuff, I think Trump has taken the virus seriously all along---as a threat to his second term--just not morally or intelligently.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Color me skeptical.

Scenario #1: He actually has 'rona, and they would have preferred to cover it up and keep it a secret for as long as possible. But since the dx of Hopeless (thanks @Nephrology ) already was in the street, and this administration can't keep a secret, they preferred to get out ahead of it.

Scenario #2: He doesn't actually have 'rona. He'll be out of circulation for a week or so, watching re-runs of Ice Station Zebra and storing bottles of his own pee, but NOT on the news saying stupid stuff. He remerges, says "that was no worse than the sniffles," and gets a rating boost among the room temperature IQ crowd for being strong enough to beat the 'rona.

2020 does drag on.
    I have zero proof--but your second scenario seems very believable--and completely in character of Trump's "hand on the pulse" shrewdness with his followers.

OTOH, I have a serious belief in the "if you want to keep a secret, and even one other person knows the secret, kill them" theorem, and I feel like someone would just have to leak a negative test, because it would be too irresistible.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    OTOH, I have a serious belief in the "if you want to keep a secret, and even one other person knows the secret, kill them" theorem, and I feel like someone would just have to leak a negative test, because it would be too irresistible.
    Right, but then you just dismiss it as part of the fake news, liberal conspiracy against me, because why would I fake a positive 'rona test?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I thought he was taking hydroxychloroquine which works great on corona.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Right, but then you just dismiss it as part of the fake news, liberal conspiracy against me, because why would I fake a positive 'rona test?
    Obviously you are way ahead of me on your thinking on this one. Yup.

I guess I need to get more cynical? Dear Lord, 2020.

Completely off topic: are a bunch of P-fers having insomnia tonight? I can't recall this much back and forth late night chatter ever--my excuse is I'm still processing saying "yes" to an offer to write some articles for a gun blog that's trying to get going. Not due to any connections here, bizarrely enough-- 'cause one of the other spots I hang out and comment on a bit on the net went from "gun control" to "go get a gun" recently. (Don't worry it's center right, no ANTIFA )

Not planning on linking until I see what happens....
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List