Page 588 of 725 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588589590598638688 ... LastLast
Results 5,871 to 5,880 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

All for something you already have a 99% chance of surviving.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    You’d think so, but there are college kids going around to “Rona parties” and then posting things on social media like, “So, I got the ‘Rona!” Like it’s a damn prize or something!

I kind of hope he gets some better friends, too. And I’m really praying that his case doesn’t get too horrible.
    It's not just kids. My wife's boss, a medical professional, visited a family member for a weekend a month ago. Said family member was symptomatic, and then tested positive. My wife's [expletive deleted] tool of a boss got symptomatic, came into work for a day anyway, then ended up testing positive. Then spent the first week of his quarantine bitching texting her and bitching about how bad the test was and how unfair it was that people were mad at him for coming into work.

60 year old upper middle class dude who should theoretically have his life together.

I wanted to light his car on fire.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    You, maybe.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    You, maybe.
    Exactly.

My son was a premie, and has always had somewhat compromised lung function as a result. He has asthma, and allergies, and is very susceptible to upper respiratory infections that turn to pneumonia.

He’s also got chronic depression, anxiety, and ADHD. I love him, but his health and mental issues have sometimes been a bear. And now he’s nearly 1000 miles from home, stuck in a house by himself, with an infection that does turn deadly, and does it in a hurry to some folks, and his mom and I are a little freaked out.

So a general 99% survivability (or whatever it really is, because I’ve seen a lot of different numbers thrown around) isn’t really useful as a concept for those whose survivability might just be a little bit different.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for making it real for the rest of us. Seriously.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I pray for the best for him.

I hope he realizes his friend is an a hole and unfriends him.

I mean damn! They're college kids, supposedly intelligent. To not tell others and quarantine oneself when you get sick in this day and age, .....
    No, we know that at that age, their frontal lobes which aid in making rational decisions and holding down subcortical base and emotional impulses are not fully developed. The need for group bonding, searching out partners for sexual activity, etc. overwhelm cognitive decision making without extraordinary efforts on their part.

Worked with college age since 1977, it hasn't changed. Some venues make it worse as they emphasize the bonding and sexuality, such as the Greek system. Colleges played up the summer camp, entertainment expectations for many campuses and are playing the price.

99% - that's a laugh. There's a similar probability that you will never fire your gun in a civilian DGU but how much time do we spend fretting about the nuances of a self-defense round, the right RDS, whether you want a gun with a manual safety or not, blah, blah, blah.

If since January, terrorists killed 200K Americans, folks would be crapping their pants on where to buy 9mm. Oops, never mind.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 09-12-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    The guy’s kid is sick. He’s understandably worried.
    Bluntly, you’re being a dick.

Site Supporter
    It is my belief that the lock down is evil and horrible, but I understand that some people disagree. It's normal to worry about those we care about and I can appreciate concern for those who are sick. Those concerned for their loved ones and friends should be treated with respect. Even if some of us think the societal fear is worse than the virus.

Is it true you just delivered 3,000lbs of campaign vaccines?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    If I remember my poker odds correctly (no promises), there's about a 1% chance of a high 3-of-a-kind being beaten in 5 card draw. Would you bet your life on that hand?

User Tag List