Page 587 of 725 FirstFirst ... 87487537577585586587588589597637687 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Yeah walking into the employee entrance at my hospital, my coworkers and I are frequently scanned at 95-96ish here in Phoenix. I'll sometimes take my half hour lunch break outside when its 105ish degrees out there. Upon re-entry when I'm scanned again (they insist on rescanning us even if we just step outside to get something from a food truck and come right back in. But if we're inside for 16 hours straight we don't get rescanned but whatever) and I don't think I've ever given a reading of more than 98 degrees. Needless to say my faith in these things is nonexistent.
    I feel the same about those wrist BP machines.

Every time I go see my eye doctor, they use one and get some crazy high 200/100 ish number. I immediately run to primary care and a nurse with a manual cuff gets 120/74.

Site Supporter
    My kid has it.

He is the kid I drove 14 hours each way (no hotel, how could you trust a place?) to pick up from the university in March because the airline wouldn’t answer the phone and the school closed his campus. He is the kid who was home for five months and only interacted with people online, living the Covid life, and learning to drive a manual transmission car. I did have to lecture him about interactions, and likened Covid contact infection spreading to STD infections to get a point across.

This is the kid I drove back to his university and helped move into his rental unit, which he is paying extra for to not have a roommate, for Covid reasons.

This is my music major kid who then went to practice with his band mates at one of their houses. The guy whose place it was had a fever and other symptoms but didn’t tell anyone, and my boy didn’t wear a mask at the house because they’re his friends.

Jerk friend went to the doctor and got tested the next day. Positive. Son got a positive test result today. He’s been there for twelve freaking days.

Gah. Throwing hands in the air. Kittens.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My kid has it.

He is the kid I drove 14 hours each way (no hotel, how could you trust a place?) to pick up from the university in March because the airline wouldn’t answer the phone and the school closed his campus. He is the kid who was home for five months and only interacted with people online, living the Covid life, and learning to drive a manual transmission car. I did have to lecture him about interactions, and likened Covid contact infection spreading to STD infections to get a point across.

This is the kid I drove back to his university and helped move into his rental unit, which he is paying extra for to not have a roommate, for Covid reasons.

This is my music major kid who then went to practice with his band mates at one of their houses. The guy whose place it was had a fever and other symptoms but didn’t tell anyone, and my boy didn’t wear a mask at the house because they’re his friends.

Jerk friend went to the doctor and got tested the next day. Positive. Son got a positive test result today. He’s been there for twelve freaking days.

Gah. Throwing hands in the air. Kittens.
    I’m really sorry to hear that.

I hope he has a very mild case and gets over it quickly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m really sorry to hear that.

I hope he has a very mild case and gets over it quickly.
    Thank you.

I am just... not amused by all of this. We tried to get him to remote the semester from home, but ... he really wanted to go back. I can’t even say “I told you so” because he’s already such an anxious ADHD little monster.

I pray for the best for him.

I hope he realizes his friend is an a hole and unfriends him.

I mean damn! They're college kids, supposedly intelligent. To not tell others and quarantine oneself when you get sick in this day and age, .....

My son came up positive over the weekend. He's in healthcare so it's not unexpected. Slight, as in 2 degree fever the day before testing and right as rain after. It was visitation weekend so the kidlets are hunkering down with him. They're both asymptomatic.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I pray for the best for him.

I hope he realizes his friend is an a hole and unfriends him.

I mean damn! They're college kids, supposedly intelligent. To not tell others and quarantine oneself when you get sick in this day and age, .....
    You’d think so, but there are college kids going around to “Rona parties” and then posting things on social media like, “So, I got the ‘Rona!” Like it’s a damn prize or something!

I kind of hope he gets some better friends, too. And I’m really praying that his case doesn’t get too horrible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    My son came up positive over the weekend. He's in healthcare so it's not unexpected. Slight, as in 2 degree fever the day before testing and right as rain after. It was visitation weekend so the kidlets are hunkering down with him. They're both asymptomatic.
    Praying they all come out okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Praying they all come out okay.
    This. Sorry to hear of it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    About 2 weeks later than I predicted, but, it's still only first week of September...

CDC tells states to be ready to distribute potential COVID-19 vaccine by Nov. 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Pass - I'll let those folks go be the guinea pigs for now... Let me know how its working in Jan/Feb.
    No kidding. I'm old enough to remember the last time that a vaccine campaign was rushed for arguably political reasons.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List