Page 586 of 725 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587588596636686 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Like Kidney stones! Fun fun.

Hey, it's 2020! It's all about how you feel. Evidence, facts and the like aren't considered anymore.
    All we have to do is find a way to produce some sort of biologically inert vitamin D enantiomer and package it with normal 1,25 OH and sell it under a really clever brand name. Maybe Calciferix? Caloferol? Hydroxygard? just riffing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    All we have to do is find a way to produce some sort of biologically inert vitamin D enantiomer and package it with normal 1,25 OH and sell it under a really clever brand name. Maybe Calciferix? Caloferol? Hydroxygard? just riffing here.
    Oh man! Clever names are just not my forte. Plus these days it seems that most pharmaceutical companies just throw some letters together to make the names for their wares. None of the names of the most used meds in my specialty make any sense.

Site Supporter
    This doctor has the vitamin D secret to cure covid that they won’t tell us about.

Name:  0C14EE84-6FE4-4879-A439-28FA4B4E0026.jpeg
Views: 495
Size:  43.3 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This doctor has the vitamin D secret to cure covid that they won’t tell us about.

Name:  0C14EE84-6FE4-4879-A439-28FA4B4E0026.jpeg
Views: 495
Size:  43.3 KB

That dude has made more money with a whole lot less science as a nutrition guy than he did as a cardiothoracic surgeon. There is a guy in Phoenix who used to be a cardiologist (pretty mediocre cardiologist) who now has a practice catering to 'holistic' medicine and Paleo type (Caveman) diets. He got kicked out of his original cardiology group when he told patients to stop their meds and start going Paleo. People started to get heart attacks. Now he normally caters to the worried (and wealthy) well. He is selling a mattress made out of hemp for $7000. I know for sure he truly believes in all of this stuff so at least he is an honest quack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I’ll work with you. To give you a sense of my abilities in this field, for the next prescription strength laxative I have proposed the name Shidezia.

For reasons that can’t be explained I’ve never been formally retained by any of the drug companies or branding outfits, so my fees will be quite reasonable.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I’ll work with you. To give you a sense of my abilities in this field, for the next prescription strength laxative I have proposed the name Shidezia.

For reasons that can’t be explained I’ve never been formally retained by any of the drug companies or branding outfits, so my fees will be quite reasonable.
    I can't say no to a bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Vitamin D seems to come up a lot in prevention/mitigation articles...
    Yes it does.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2770157

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3561958
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

One of my partners had a patient come in today for cough and shortness of breath, very common complaints in our field.

She answered no to all of the screening questions, and a forehead temp probe was 97.4.

An asute RN noted that she felt awfully warm when checking her BP. Got the oral thermometer out-103.8. He then went through the questions again and she changed one of answers, yes she has been in contact with a known covid patient.

Off to the ER, haven't heard the results from her tests yet.

Lessons learned:

People lie. She was asked those screening questions by phone the day prior, as well as the day of, only to change at the last minute.

Forehead temp probes can be significantly off.

A good RN can save your bacon 🥓. (Actually learned that many, many years ago)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    One of my partners had a patient come in today for cough and shortness of breath, very common complaints in our field.

She answered no to all of the screening questions, and a forehead temp probe was 97.4.

An asute RN noted that she felt awfully warm when checking her BP. Got the oral thermometer out-103.8. He then went through the questions again and she changed one of answers, yes she has been in contact with a known covid patient.

Off to the ER, haven't heard the results from her tests yet.

Lessons learned:

People lie. She was asked those screening questions by phone the day prior, as well as the day of, only to change at the last minute.

Forehead temp probes can be significantly off.

A good RN can save your bacon 🥓. (Actually learned that many, many years ago)
    I do Security for an Emergency center. (Part time, one day per week) I have to take forehead temps of everybody coming in. I've gotten temps as low as 95. The IR temp sensors simply measure surface skin temp. If you've been sitting where the AC vent was blowing on you, the temp I read is pure equine based fertilizer. While I'm reading at temp of 95, one shoved up your @$$ might get 103.
    A complete waste of time and effort IMHO. But, I don't make the rules. I salute, say "yes sir," and follow protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I do Security for an Emergency center. (Part time, one day per week) I have to take forehead temps of everybody coming in. I've gotten temps as low as 95. The IR temp sensors simply measure surface skin temp. If you've been sitting where the AC vent was blowing on you, the temp I read is pure equine based fertilizer. While I'm reading at temp of 95, one shoved up your @$$ might get 103.
    A complete waste of time and effort IMHO. But, I don't make the rules. I salute, say "yes sir," and follow protocol.
    Yeah walking into the employee entrance at my hospital, my coworkers and I are frequently scanned at 95-96ish here in Phoenix. I'll sometimes take my half hour lunch break outside when its 105ish degrees out there. Upon re-entry when I'm scanned again (they insist on rescanning us even if we just step outside to get something from a food truck and come right back in. But if we're inside for 16 hours straight we don't get rescanned but whatever) and I don't think I've ever given a reading of more than 98 degrees. Needless to say my faith in these things is nonexistent.

User Tag List