Page 571 of 725 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He must've been speaking from the poop deck.
    Obviously not watching the numbers in CA, TX and FL. If they follow the same pattern we did they're screwed. Of course all this may change with a vaccine.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

We peaked first back in early May, then started down. Then Memorial Day happened and it's been rising ever since. (Also some reopening)

Now at over 2X our previous peak and climbing. I'm sure some of it is 4th of July related.

Of course I live in a coastal community and whenever there's a holiday, people show up in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    We peaked first back in early May, then started down. Then Memorial Day happened and it's been rising ever since. (Also some reopening)

Now at over 2X our previous peak and climbing. I'm sure some of it is 4th of July related.

Of course I live in a coastal community and whenever there's a holiday, people show up in droves.
    My two BILs both decided to keep their family beach vacation plans... I seriously question their sanity sometimes...

All the bikers / hikers come here during the summer. Thankfully they cancelled the music festival(s) or we'd really be in for it. As it is, our county numbers have been swelling.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My two BILs both decided to keep their family beach vacation plans... I seriously question their sanity sometimes...
    My friend and neighbor is going down to Sanibel in the next week or so for his vacation. Great, then he can bring back whatever FL decides to bequeath to our little subdivision.

There's no getting around this damned thing.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My friend and neighbor is going down to Sanibel in the next week or so for his vacation. Great, then he can bring back whatever FL decides to bequeath to our little subdivision.

There's no getting around this damned thing.
    Mandatory community enforced quarantine at home. You're in charge.

Went to Sanibel a couple of years ago. Pretty place. But mid-July ?? and a viral outbreak?? Heck no.

He must've been speaking from the poop deck.
    Seaman Sticks to the poop deck!

(way OT, but you reminded me of the old story/joke)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It doesn't just disappear as the adm has suggested.
    It is entirely dependent on the behavior of people within the community. If people diligently social distance and wear masks, the numbers will decline. If people fool themselves into thinking that they can resume normal behavior then the virus numbers will go up. People are slow learners, so I expect we'll see repeated waxing and waning cycles. Despite the dramatic rise in case number, only a small fraction of the population has been exposed to the virus, so the virus has a lot of room left to run. You can put out a fire, but one small ember is enough to start it again when there's still plenty of fuel around.

I expect our resurgence to continue. A friend called me today on his way back from his camp up north and wondered out loud that there must not be any Illinois people left in IL because they are all here in MI. He is not lying. Usually they mostly come on weekends. Lately they seem to be staying all week. It was mostly them at the sandbar party that made national news on the Independence day holiday weekend. We have seen a number of positive tests come out of that fiasco.

Site Supporter
    http://www.int-soc-clin-geriat.com/i...SARS-CoV-2.pdf.

I’m no doctor but are the tests the problem? I would like to hear some discussion of this paper from more knowledgeable members of the forum.
    Last edited by camel; 07-19-2020 at 10:38 PM.

User Tag List