Page 530 of 725 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580630 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Sadly, it doesn’t matter what science comes out. Just like every other issue in America today people have lined up behind their political party on one side or the other and will never admit they were wrong.

The CDC now says:

1. The virus does not live on surfaces for an extended period of time
    2. The virus does not have an unusually long incubation period
    3. Asymptomatic spreading is so rare as to be statistically insignificant
    4. The death rate is much much lower than the WHO stats of 3.4%

Regardless of any of these “facts”, or the “facts” that they replace, or the new “facts” sure to come out next week, people will continue to defend their tribal responses, even here.
    The conspiracy thread got locked???

[conspiracy]
    The WHO and CDC are puppets of the Libs, Progs and Red Chinese.
    These reversals are meant to...
    -- Stoke anger and division among Americans
    -- Get more people to stop wearing masks and social distancing, so that the pandemic re-emerges and our economy is further wrecked.

Because...
    -- Death to America
    -- Orange Man Bad
    [/conspiracy]
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Sadly, it doesn’t matter what science comes out. Just like every other issue in America today people have lined up behind their political party on one side or the other and will never admit they were wrong.

The CDC now says:

1. The virus does not live on surfaces for an extended period of time
    2. The virus does not have an unusually long incubation period
    3. Asymptomatic spreading is so rare as to be statistically insignificant
    4. The death rate is much much lower than the WHO stats of 3.4%

Regardless of any of these “facts”, or the “facts” that they replace, or the new “facts” sure to come out next week, people will continue to defend their tribal responses, even here.
    I'd love some cites for 1, 2, and 3. Not questioning you, want to use it to inform work policy.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    The headlines from the WHO report are going to be used by people who think masks are pointless but I think the reality is that it's just semantics. Even if they're correct about truly asymptomatic cases they're still saying it can be spread by people who are pre-symptomatic or paucisymptomatic (atypical symptoms or symptoms so mild they aren't noticed). In other words, it's spread by people who have no idea that they are Covid positive. When it comes to the real world application of wearing masks I don't see where this report should change anything.
    To what rate is it spread by pre- or paucisymptomatic individuals? What is the actual risk? Can you provide cites?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    To what rate is it spread by pre- or paucisymptomatic individuals? What is the actual risk? Can you provide cites?
    Is there really any rate about anything that can be trusted as fact? One study says 30%. The next says 70%. They're all using different terminology and it all changes week by week

Point is, if masks haven't been helping, they still won't, and if they have been helping, they still will. But like every other report that's been released people are using the headlines to support their argument without really digging into what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Separate thought . . . say asymptomatic spread is very rare. Then perhaps a much smaller number or infectious persons spread enough of it around to kill two bad flu seasons worth of people in about 4 months. Huh.
    Exactly. If asymptomatic careers are rare, that means we got to a 1 mil cases / 100,000 lives lost because people kept staying in touch with sick people amidst lockdown and isolation policies?

Also doesn't explain 3-5% positive serology rates in communities with sub-1% clinical disease incidence.

I am gonna wait for a better science.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I continue to believe I don't know anything and our leadership doesn't either. If anybody does, they are being drowned out.

The rules are stupid and contradictory at multiple levels of public and private leadership. It's plain they are just grasping at straws.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'd love some cites for 1, 2, and 3. Not questioning you, want to use it to inform work policy.

Feel free to question me on anything you like. I don’t know any more than what I read just like everyone else. Most of which seems to change by the week 🙂

Here is a link for the surfaces I had in my history from this morning. When home school calms down in a few hours I will look for the other links. Hope this helps

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5232748002

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The conspiracy thread got locked???

[conspiracy]
    The WHO and CDC are puppets of the Libs, Progs and Red Chinese.
    These reversals are meant to...
    -- Stoke anger and division among Americans
    -- Get more people to stop wearing masks and social distancing, so that the pandemic re-emerges and our economy is further wrecked.

Because...
    -- Death to America
    -- Orange Man Bad
    [/conspiracy]
    An interesting data set would be one that explains why death rates are so much higher in some cities than others. Once you’ve adjusted for population size and obesity/health of the population, seems like some got whacked and others didn’t. I’ve seen some amazing mental gymnastics from those trying to explain it. I’m no doc or mathematician. In the end I suspect we won’t ever get clear answers.

Maybe one political party is more susceptible to death from Corona Viruses? 😊

Site Supporter
    WHO clarifies that they are still fucking clueless.

http://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/09/w...l-unknown.html

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Pulm/crit care division conference today at noon. Roughly 10 days after first big protests in our metro area. Will let y'all know what the numbers look like.

User Tag List