Page 5 of 725 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Now there is a single case here in Chicago. Local news is wigging out.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    This is not a reason to stock-up on ammo, short stocks, or put all of your assets in gold. If you were praying for a calamity to thin the urban heard ahead of the 2020 election, you’ll need to keep praying for the meteor.

However, rest assured that it will cost us hundreds of billions in terms of lost productivity, misallocated resources, and a general media-perpetuated hysteria.

Banned for buzzkill.
    #RESIST

My infectious diseases doctor brother in law is implementing screenings at his hospital.
    #RESIST

I guess that the run on N-95 masks has already begun

Name:  7B5F6C12-8226-4780-AE4F-15A3BC4D88AE.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  44.3 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Spoke to my dad briefly yesterday. He phoned me up on account of this thing - every time there's a new infectious disease that makes the news I get this call.

To be fair he is pushing 80 so I don't blame him for lacking a bit of perspective on whether each new possible pandemic could be a serious threat.

But it's getting harder to disappoint him each time so this time I just said, "yeah, maybe this will be the one. The population has to crash sooner or later."

I'm just trying to help the guy stay positive.

Site Supporter
    "Everybody was Kung Flu fighting..."

Too soon?

Last edited by kwb377; 01-24-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My infectious diseases doctor brother in law is implementing screenings at his hospital.
    I think that it’s a good practice for every healthcare provider to elicit a travel history in everyone with symptoms of a communicable disease - from EMT up to doctor. It’s part of the dog and pony show that I do for anyone with the respiratory crud, GI trots, or any unexplained fever.

However, there is no reason at this point to pay overtime setting up hospital response teams, making everyone in healthcare take PAPR training, causing death by PowerPoint for every public worker, or ordering expensive Respiratory Viral Panels on everyone with a fever and sniffles.

FWIW, my last shop spent close to $2M in Ebola-related BS 5 years ago. The fact that the Dow shed 100 points today in response to a second traveler being sick is the type of hysteria that I expect from a high school cheerleader slumber party - not the most powerful country in the world.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-24-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I think that it’s a good practice for every healthcare provider to elicit a travel history in everyone with symptoms of a communicable disease - from EMT up to doctor. It’s part of the dog and pony show that I do for anyone with the respiratory crud, GI trots, or any unexplained fever.

However, there is no reason at this point to pay overtime setting up hospital response teams, making everyone in healthcare take PAPR training, causing death by PowerPoint for every public worker, or ordering expensive Respiratory Viral Panels on everyone with a fever and sniffles.

FWIW, my last shop spent close to $2M in Ebola-related BS 5 years ago. The fact that the Dow shed 100 points today in response to a second traveler being sick is the type of hysteria that I expect from a high school cheerleader slumber party - not the most powerful country in the world.
    For what it’s worth, I’d much rather have you as my BIL, no homo
    #RESIST

100 points on the Dow is 0.34%. Bigger moves come from President Trump's tweets.
    Last edited by farscott; 01-24-2020 at 01:53 PM.

User Tag List