Page 471 of 725 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Neither of those are reputable sources, barely better than wikipedia. Here is a reputable unimpeachable source.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...eath_in_the_us
    Please, do continue arguing with doctors about what is, and is not, a reputable source of medical science. I find it entertaining.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Neither of those are reputable sources, barely better than wikipedia. Here is a reputable unimpeachable source.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...eath_in_the_us
    A study where assumptions were multiplied by other assumptions and then finally multiplied by a % in order to come up with a wonderfully large number.

Nowhere in it is “Mr X died because of xyz, mr Y died because of abc……..”

They even admit the calculations are difficult due to the way medical recordkeeping and billing is performed.

Do medical errors occur? Absolutely.

Do people die because of medical errors? Absolutely

What’s the number? Nobody knows.

Keep in mind there’s an entire sub-industry in Medicine whose mission is to promote how bad we are, and of course they, and only they, have the “cure” and they charge handsomely for going around and promoting their services. So finding non-biased studies is near impossible.

cc

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Please, do continue arguing with doctors about what is, and is not, a reputable source of medical science. I find it entertaining.
    This is the point at which mods should start dropping hammers on people, IMO.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Balkanization of the United States, man. Rural-versus-urban.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Every policy decision involves tradeoffs. As long as they are informed decisions based on data and an understanding of the current science, fine. If they're based on who yells the loudest, not so good.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Rural-versus-urban.
    I think that's a purposefully disingenuous and incorrect summary of things.

There's certain people parroting a certain line; they also happen to be idiots that make dumbass statements on virtually everything else they post as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is the point at which mods should start dropping hammers on people, IMO.
    Are you serious? What is this China/Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    Are you serious? What is this China/Russia?
    This is a moderated forum. If a moderator thinks that a thread has gone off the rails, or that someone is being destructively disruptive, they can take action.

It is one of the reasons I like it here.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    This is a moderated forum. If a moderator thinks that a thread has gone off the rails, or that someone is being destructively disruptive, they can take action.

It is one of the reasons I like it here.
    Yes I’m aware. That is hardly one of those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yes.

Reasonable discussion is the purpose of the forum. Recently, a few members and I had a heated discussion, but it was all useful information being discussed, regardless of us being dicks to eachother.

The purpose of the forum is not to legitimize the voice of people who repedeatly post asinine baseless crap while at the same time repedeatly telling actual qualified individuals (SMEs, if you will) that they not only don't know what they're talking about, but that their academically rigorous sources are baloney and wikipedia is better. It doesn't help when those qualified individuals are able to immediately and succinctly tear their platform apart based on misinformation and/or misinterpretation.

There's two individuals in this thread that have done that multiple times on multiple topics. They had a chance to say something, they've continually gone off the rails. Not every opinion is equal or valid, enough is enough. Any and every moderated discussion hinges on this modicum of legitimacy.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-01-2020 at 02:32 PM.

User Tag List