Page 466 of 725 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Doctor vs a wannabe militia rain-dancer.

Tough choice.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    It's not May yet, we already awarded COM for April.
    Sorry to ask but;

What's COM ?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Doctor vs a wannabe militia rain-dancer.

Tough choice.
    You scoff at the wisdom of the shaman? The impertinence!

/sarc
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

/sarc
    Blues you legit had me laughing out loud.

Name:  Nighvisionary.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  19.7 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    The specific language they used was quite strong and quite specific, and in general would only be used in situations where a doctor is being heavily disciplined.

cc
    Just thought about this some more

In the movie Clear and Present Danger when the President uses that line, the specific language basically gives Cutter and Ritter the authority to go after the cartels.

“Advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health” is a very similar type of line.

It’s typically, and as far as I’ve ever seen, only been used when a board revokes certification, or a state medical board revokes a license, or a jury finds someone guilty.

cc

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Cunt of the month.
    Must be some kinda OB/GYN thing.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Must be some kinda OB/GYN thing.
    And there's a big reason I didn't go into that specialty. A month's rotation in the free clinic while in school was more than enough.

cc
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 04-30-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Honestly, I don't think the "what are your credentials" thing is that convincing. You don't need to be a Doctor to read a graph and make a judgement. I just think Nightvisionary's judgement is wrong, but I can understand why. If I lived in Oregon, I'd probably look outside and think that we're wildly overreacting. One hundred deaths total is amazingly low.

But Massachusetts, where I see when I look outside, is pretty much a nightmare. We have 100-200 deaths per day. We have some days with more new cases per day, than Oregon has total. We have, offense to New York fully intended, the best hospitals in the country and yet we have deaths of young people who attended the same bars that I do, and life-ruining consequences for marathon runners in their 30s. It looks very different to me here than it does outside Nighvisionary's window and that's just a fact. He's not crazy to notice.

Why is that? Are there different strains of the virus loose (maybe)? Is population density really that different (maybe)? Did MA have more initial cases before quarantine measures (maybe)? Or is it some conspiracy to defraud the American people into voting for Justin Amash and investing in shares overpriced teleconferencing startups? I don't think so, but given the different views out our window I can understand why people in some places are asking.

It would be nice to acknowledge that other people's views are filled with death and uncertainty, though.

/sarc
    Witch doctor do you like best?

Site Supporter
    I continue to be amazed by the ferocity and conviction people speak about whole fields of endeavor (particularly on the internet) that they have no training/education/experience in, direct, indirect or even anecdotal in any meaningful way. This is particularly true re Law Enforcement, Military Service, Law generally but most often re criminal and domestic matters and Medicine.

(This is offense is the first cousin to those who say stuff on the internet but would never say it to the face of the person they are "speaking" to or to a fit, adult representative of the group being discussed. But that is a whole different discussion.)

RANT ON

What then adds insult to injury is that people then have the gall to get their butt up on their back when they are called to account for it and asked to provide their credentials.

Crickets and the hooting of owls generally occurs more often than not as the person in question cannot "put up." Unfortunately, they only "shut up" for a bit and dive right back in.

I know I am getting a bit salty given my present station in life but... people need to STFU unless they have done the work or at least have the grace and sense enough to weigh in being somewhat humble.

User Tag List