Page 416 of 725 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Norway has like 100 deaths or something, and 1.7% CFR. Plus they know that virus went along the path of lower resistance to kill some Swedes instead. They should be breathing easier.

So far nothing particular that I can think of as a specific therapeutic target. I was actually more intrigued by microangiopathic changes in the lungs. In conjunction with enlarged RV findings one could speculate a severe acute pulmonary hypertension, so perhaps heparin and nitric oxide are worth considering. Of course, all patients were obese and all were severely hypoxemic, so RV enlargement could be just because of that.
    They just started a clinical trial on nitric oxide use for patients at UAB hospital here in Birmingham Al.

https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...g-nitric-oxide

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Your concern can be mitigated by having a competent leader who can both educate the public about the danger and inspire people to actually act on social distancing/minimizing nonessential trips. Believe it or not most people will step up when provided with clear, competent advice.

But instead we get someone who rambles on and on during his task force press conferences and feuds with reporters. Not a good look during a public health crisis.
    Hers a suggestion.

Take that shit to the Politics CV thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....light=Politics

You are lowering the signal to noise ratio.
    Last edited by RJ; 04-11-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Let’s try comparing the size of the United States to the size of Europe again and stop making irrelevant comparisons and freaking out because the entire country has more infections than tiny countries like France or Italy.

Name:  1F507E76-3016-4497-A140-AEFD78E5E7C6.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  44.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Let’s try comparing the size of the United States to the size of Europe again and stop making irrelevant comparisons and freaking out because the entire country has more infections than tiny countries like France or Italy.

Name:  1F507E76-3016-4497-A140-AEFD78E5E7C6.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  44.2 KB
    Way to miss my point.. I'm freaked out about the utter complacency the American public is demonstrating. The 500k infections is a bad deal period when we know 20% of cases require hospitalization.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Of course, all patients were obese and all were severely hypoxemic, so RV enlargement could be just because of that.
    Yeah, I was wondering if a bunch of them didn't have OSA at baseline. The 4 patients described are all textbook metabolic syndrome

we now lead the world in deaths, total cases, and critical cases.

And yet, there are so many states who have done jack shit in slowing the spread. Churches are still open for mass gatherings. People packed into stores like Target and HOme Depot treating the situation like a holiday weekend. Crowds gathered in parks and narrow trails making it look like its an early summer vacation. Truly ridiculous. The american public is dumb as hell, that's for sure.
    What’s dumb and truly ridiculous is people that continue to push this fear, doom and gloom. The numbers are BS, and more stories keep emerging to underscore it.

Look at how Spain Italy and France are flattening the curve and what they had to do to get there.

Meanwhile Americans are still treating it like an early summer vacation. And we are paying the price with 500k infections and counting.
    I am curious why you are saying that. I do not see many people flaunting the restrictions or acting irresponsibly where I am.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    I am curious why you are saying that. I do not see many people flaunting the restrictions or acting irresponsibly where I am.
    Irresponsible as hell around here. One recent story:

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/unio...eat-solutions/

It's been over a week, but the last time I saw numbers for Luzerne County, approximately 75% of total county cases were in Hazleton.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Way to miss my point.. I'm freaked out about the utter complacency the American public is demonstrating. The 500k infections is a bad deal period when we know 20% of cases require hospitalization.
    Where are you getting this information? 20% of cases do not require hospitalization. Take a step back and get some accurate data.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...68042720300063

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...cid=mm6912e2_w

From an early CDC data analysis at least 12% of the first 4k cases in the US required hospitalization. I'm bumping it to 20% as it spreads through the south and Midwest as their populations have way more comorbidities like obesity ,diabetes, COPD and heart disease

This 12% was confirmed hospitalizations too. Due to lack of data early on, you can bet the true hospitalization rate was higher.

The article you linked says nothing of hospitalization rates
    Last edited by shootist26; 04-11-2020 at 10:37 PM.

User Tag List