Page 397 of 725 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Steady stream of golfers today as there was yesterday. Pretty sure that's not 6 feet.

Attachment 51325
    Home depot, Lowes, and other local stores are as busy or more than normal. 60+ folks wandering isles with coffee. We are in lockdown and i can't understand why fabric stores are open with 50-60 cars parked in front. At least the Popo are kicking people out of parks.

Shoppers trying to have conversations with checkers in local food stores.

The sad part is there are people trying to do the correct thing.....and typical selfish (Seattle area) people that rules don't pertain to fucking everyone else by helping prolong this shit.

Maybe the Swedes have discovered that Akvavit kills the virus.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Home depot, Lowes, and other local stores are as busy or more than normal. 60+ folks wandering isles with coffee. We are in lockdown and i can't understand why fabric stores are open with 50-60 cars parked in front. At least the Popo are kicking people out of parks.

Shoppers trying to have conversations with checkers in local food stores.

The sad part is there are people trying to do the correct thing.....and typical selfish (Seattle area) people that rules don't pertain to fucking everyone else by helping prolong this shit.
    I'm not going to lie I've lost a lot of faith in the general American public over the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    I'm not going to lie I've lost a lot of faith in the general American public over the last month.
    I think character comes out under stress or pressure and that is what you're seeing.

It's unfortunate as I too want to have faith that people are generally good and smart and will do the right thing.... But most people are just idiots

if there was not forced closures I would guess that restaurants and bars would be quite full around here along with health clubs.

" We are in lockdown and i can't understand why fabric stores are open with 50-60 cars parked in front. "

My wife has been stitching surgical masks. Some of the supplies - elastic for example - are in short supply (most seamstress types have leftover fabric, but might not have a big stockpile of elastic). The local stores are handing out supply kits to people willing to sew them as supplies arrive.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I'm inclined to agree.
    Cloth masks stop bacteria but not viruses because virus are much smaller. In 1918 viruses were still a theoretical concept and they did not “know” the cause of the 1918 flu.

Steady stream of golfers today as there was yesterday. Pretty sure that's not 6 feet.

Attachment 51325
    If they’re family and live together who really cares.

Site Supporter

Attachment 51325
    The bike shop I work in supplies the local refineries with industrial bikes and trikes. We're currently at the nothing-but-asses-and-elbows level of activity building and delivering bikes to them. The refineries are draconially enforcing the six-foot rule. They use pickups and golf carts in addition to bikes and as noted, you can't get two people in them with six feet of separation. Bikes are the relatively cheap and easy solution. We have two distributors we get the bikes from, and we might zero out their inventories.

Site Supporter
    I relate non-compliance to being so self absorbed that others' well being is not considered. Further this trait is modeled from parent to child. Some say that some generations have more of this than do others. Without published data I make this generalization that confrontational behavior and degree of being self absorbed are related. The two interact to produce non-compliant individuals, and let's not even bring passive aggression into the equation. Though I subscribe to counseling approaches, I can't help but think that in times like these some people deserve a face palm. If not that, maybe high pressure water hoses might suffice. See how tough I am as I command from my keyboard!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Cloth masks stop bacteria but not viruses because virus are much smaller. In 1918 viruses were still a theoretical concept and they did not “know” the cause of the 1918 flu.
    Does the virus travel by itself or on the moisture we expel? If the latter, if you stop the moisture particles, you stop the virus.

User Tag List