Page 387 of 725 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

I remember way back when the gov't started mandating seat belts. Some people still don't wear them even tho you can be fined for driving without wearing one. Saving lives just isn't something some people are interested in. My take on it is if that isn't something you want to do then maybe being hauled to the hospital by a medic unit and being admitted isn't something you would be interested in either.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Is it ok to wear an old n95? For going out in public...I have a couple sitting around that I used for some home improvement projects last year.

Is it better or worse than wearing a new cotton mask?
    Don't know if this has any validity: https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/03/l...-their-doubts/

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Don't know if this has any validity: https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/03/l...-their-doubts/
    I have four N95 masks from some past wood working projects. I just spray them down with HP, let them set for a week and reuse them. Not optimal but I'm not in contact with the public but about once a week anyway.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've hardly stepped outdoors without one since the end of February. The first few weeks were due to pollen. I don't get funny looks anymore.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    My business partners sister is a Doc in ABQ.
    She got a letter Tuesday from her Hospitals' Life Insurer, informing her that her coverage would not apply if she died due to a COVID infection.

I've requested a copy of the letter.
    I don't understand, how can the company change its terms outside of the enrollment period? Seems like when you sign up for it it should be under those terms for the entirety of the time until the next open enrollment period in the case of a work-acquired policy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have four N95 masks from some past wood working projects. I just spray them down with HP, let them set for a week and reuse them. Not optimal but I'm not in contact with the public but about once a week anyway.
    What’s “HP”?

Site Supporter

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I doubt this disclaimer is necessary but just in case: I know absolutely nothing about virology or sterilization techniques.

But my personal inclination would be to leave stuff in a warm, dry spot for a week and NOT spray it down with h202 because I doubt the virus would last all that long on those types of surfaces anyway, and I would be more concerned about the repeated exposure to an oxidizing agent breaking down the fibres in the filter or something.

Again...this is based on literally nothing. That is my uneducated reaction to the idea and nothing more.

We were headed to Target today for some items. Looking around for what we could use for a facecovering, I came acros an order of these cooling towels I’d bought for outdoor matches:

U-pick 4 Packs Cooling Towel (40"x 12"), Ice Towel,Microfiber Towel,Soft Breathable Chilly Towel for Yoga,Sport,Gym,Workout,Camping,Fitness,Running,Wor kout&More Activities

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072VDT1R2..._3ClIEb97MDHQC

My wife latched onto the pink one. She said it fit fairly well. Better than nothing I suppose.

I wore my tan balaclava I have to protect my neck from sunburn:

Condor Multi Wrap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061G5B6A..._VGlIEbV85KK5A

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I doubt this disclaimer is necessary but just in case: I know absolutely nothing about virology or sterilization techniques.

But my personal inclination would be to leave stuff in a warm, dry spot for a week and NOT spray it down with h202 because I doubt the virus would last all that long on those types of surfaces anyway, and I would be more concerned about the repeated exposure to an oxidizing agent breaking down the fibres in the filter or something.

Again...this is based on literally nothing. That is my uneducated reaction to the idea and nothing more.
    All the studies I've seen suggest on metal or plastic 3 days is approximate limit for viability.

Cardboard & paper 24 hours.

Now you can detect fragments of the virus longer than that, & some studies are talking about that but that isn't able to make you sick, the way one virologist explained it is its like a dog smelling a previous dog at a fire hydrant, the smell is not the dog.

The longer than 3 day detection studies are basically detecting fragments of non viable virus, so useful for some science & medial research & etc but not a concern for getting sick

One source for that info, and specifically the Dog analogy, is https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/

Actual experts, and they have had people from front lines in both Wuhan & NY as guests on the podcast as well.

User Tag List