Page 363 of 725 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure the Navy will fuck this up.
    Sorry Man, I had my ships mixed up!
    Carry on!
    Last edited by wvincent; 03-31-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Were these researchers in China collecting data or are we relying on the honesty of the communist party?

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Were these researchers in China collecting data or are we relying on the honesty of the communist party?
    You know what I know, which is why I put it there hoping for comments from people who know a lot more than me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    You know what I know, which is why I put it there hoping for comments from people who know a lot more than me.
    So, what you're saying, in effect, is that you get to choose your truth...one from column A, two from column B. The more things change the more they stay the same.

(This has been your corona virus smile (from me at least) for the day. Carry on and prosper.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Cough and fever are the most common presenting symptoms per the 44k patient study out of Wuhan published a month ago, but there are a few other symptoms that are less common but have been seen with COVID 19. Anecdotally there is a very wide range of symptoms that SARS CoV2 can produce, including nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, nasal congestion, myocardial injury presenting as a heart attack, and on and on.

Right now all our clinical knowledge about this virus feels incredibly anecdotal. It's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    https://www.app.com/story/news/2020/...ek/5087372002/
    If you know anything about the demographics of Lakewood NJ, rest assured that these massive gatherings are going to continue happening.
    put a 100' high wall around lakewood, and leave them to their own devices until this is all settled down.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

In just 4 weeks, look at what the US death toll has grown to. And look at the backlog of critical cases we have to get some insight into the death toll in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    This was the Surgeon General on Fox this morning.
    I'm sure I have confirmation bias on this subject, but, he gives 4 (?) reasons for not wearing a mask.
    I heard.... BS... BS.... BS... Real Reason.

YMMV.

Surgeon General: Data doesn't back up wearing masks in public amid coronavirus pandemic
    Yeah, the US Surgeon General lacks a certain smoothness in the delivery of his B.S. and is as transparent as glass in that regard. Translation: "Don't buy any more masks or PPEs 'cause they're actually quite effective and we want them."

There's a reason that medical personnel wear masks and we all know why; they mitigate the transmission of infectious viruses/bacteria.

Given that the US government's stated goal is to ''flatten the curve'' by mitigating transmission of infectious agents—one would think that he'd be encouraging EVERYONE to ''mask up'' and right now.

I don't know what the US Surgeon General thinks of ''we, the people'', but his language hints strongly at what that might be.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

The Surgeon General lost me as a potential supporter the first time he decided to get political with his comments in addressing the media. Bad move and way too transparent in regard to who pulls his strings.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Yeah, the US Surgeon General lacks a certain smoothness in the delivery of his B.S. and is as transparent as glass in that regard. Translation: "Don't buy any more masks or PPEs 'cause they're actually quite effective and we want them."

There's a reason that medical personnel wear masks and we all know why; they mitigate the transmission of infectious viruses/bacteria.

Given that the US government's stated goal is to ''flatten the curve'' by mitigating transmission of infectious agents—one would think that he'd be encouraging EVERYONE to ''mask up'' and right now.

I don't know what the US Surgeon General thinks of ''we, the people'', but his language hints strongly at what that might be.
    The relative importance of a mask is very different in the healthcare setting, where you are by definition going to be exposed directly to large amounts of virus all day, every day, vs. out in the world where the risk of exposure is relatively much lower and can be mitigated in other ways (physical distancing etc).

Healthcare providers especially need to wear surgical/procedural masks because they are extremely likely to be infected and thus very likely to give the virus to other patients in the hospital. Given that the only non-COVID patients in the hospital right now are very sick, it is extremely important that healthcare providers not spread the virus to them.

As an important reminder, surgical masks do a poor job of protecting the user from aerosol droplets carrying the virus. They do, however, do a good job of keeping your own bugs from getting into the air around you. If you think you may be sick, please wear one. If you don't, know that it is unlikely to confer you much protection from airborne droplets. It won't meaningfully prevent you from giving it to yourself via a contaminated surface, either.

N95s will filter the air you breathe but are hard to wear for extended periods of time and somewhat wasted if you make a reasonable effort to keep yourself far from other people. If you have to be around a lot of other people and have N95s on hand, they're not an unreasonable precaution. Healthcare workers need these very badly because they are constantly exposed to the virus. If you have a supply for yourself, use them judiciously.

User Tag List