Page 358 of 725 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Watching the daily Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, and it appears that American industry is gearing up to build a ton of PPE and medical equipment. So far, I have seen the CEOs of Honeywell, Jockey, and P&G speak from the Rose Garden.

[ETA] Added United Technologies[/ETA]

I ran into one of the deputies I used to work with earlier today when I was dragging my garbage cans back in from the street. Apparently they grabbed and arrested a couple of teens at one of our local supermarkets filming each other doing the "boomer remover" challenge where they cough on produce. Yes, it’s second hand, but he is a source I trust.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I ran into one of the deputies I used to work with earlier today when I was dragging my garbage cans back in from the street. Apparently they grabbed and arrested a couple of teens at one of our local supermarkets filming each other doing the "boomer remover" challenge where they cough on produce. Yes, it’s second hand, but he is a source I trust.
    I'd like to join up with a couple of my boomer friends to meet up with the deputies and say "lettuce" help. (I still know what to do, and am willing.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

No new recruits to Parris Island:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ris-island-s-c

The U.S. Marine Corps says it is temporarily suspending the shipment of recruits to its 105-year-old depot at Parris Island, S.C., where all newly enlisted Marines east of the Mississippi River are sent for basic training, after several people at the facility tested positive for novel coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think a few dozen hours of community service (livestreamed) of them scrubbing hospital toilets and bathrooms would be a great deterrent.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

2,982...as of today, more people in the US have died of COVID-19 just this month than died in the 9/11 attacks. Consider how you would have felt if somebody around the beginning of October 2001 said, "Big deal, the flu killed 14,000 people last year. 9/11 is so over-hyped!"

I know that mortality is part of our existence, but 3,000 lost lives still pains my heart very much, and more to come is a grim thought.

Student
    Respectfully, I don't think it is quite the same when you're comparing about a month versus a few hours.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...lQn0JY381nct_g

“In a joint study by the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), the National Strategic Research Institute at the University of Nebraska and others, researchers found genetic material from the virus that causes COVID-19 in air samples from both in and outside of confirmed coronavirus patients’ rooms. The findings offer “limited evidence that some potential for airborne transmission exists," researchers said, though they warned that the findings do not confirm airborne spread.”
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Watching the daily Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, and it appears that American industry is gearing up to build a ton of PPE and medical equipment. So far, I have seen the CEOs of Honeywell, Jockey, and P&G speak from the Rose Garden.

[ETA] Added United Technologies[/ETA]
    Yes. And every time I see that, I get a little choked up, because it give me hope that there will be more PPE in the pipeline for my kid sister the pulmonologist before we find out that West Virginia's "thoughts and prayers" approach to infection control was a bad idea.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Yes. And every time I see that, I get a little choked up, because it give me hope that there will be more PPE in the pipeline for my kid sister the pulmonologist before we find out that West Virginia's "thoughts and prayers" approach to infection control was a bad idea.
    I'm having an email conversation with WV's Health and Human Resources program manager about the hospitals in Huntington banning staff from wearing their own privately sourced masks due to it "looking scary". I'll keep you updated.

I do know that one of our current Covid cases is an endocrinology resident who was exposed to a now deceased patient with no PPE.

User Tag List