Page 356 of 725 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    You seem to be an expert on almost everything please ......please explain to all the lowly midwestern and southern folk your incite. Btw, I was in your sanctuary city and it’s full of illegal aliens ......criminal aliens mind you.....that your courts keep letting go free into the wild......and it’s growing with each passing day.
    Continuing to have mass gatherings in church while there is a global viral pandemic going on is the definition of stupidity.

Start up a youtube channel and broadcast it live so people can following along it at home.

Site Supporter
    We are seeing resistance to social distancing with:

1. Conservatives
    2. Various more 'conservative' in the religious sense, worship and religious celebration
    3. Some risk accepting young folks.

If there is a differential distribution of such, that might explain a geographic comment.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    The type of stupidity below is going to be much more common in the south and midwest, than in New England. That's for sure
    https://wsvn.com/news/us-world/tampa...e=twitter_wsvn

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...unday-services
    Wonder if they are going to take any action against the congregation? They actively flaunted the law too.

I had to make a grocery run yesterday am. On the way back I stopped at a local hot dog restaurant. Of course there was no dining inside. But there was a large group of people eating at a picnic table outside, all pressed together.

When I opened the door to go inside, they had converted the dining area and were using it for the line of people waiting to be served. There was probably 50-75 people in a snake style line, all crammed into each other. I bet there was 6 inches or less between everyone. Certainly not the 6 feet we keep hearing about.

I immediately left. When pulling out of the lot. I saw several cars loaded with people in their Sunday best headed in. They certainly looked like they had just come from church.

cc

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Here's how NOT to do things, as recently as 3 weeks ago, in WA state:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...choir-outbreak

"Sixty singers showed up. A greeter offered hand sanitizer at the door, and members refrained from the usual hugs and handshakes.

“It seemed like a normal rehearsal, except that choirs are huggy places,” Burdick recalled. “We were making music and trying to keep a certain distance between each other.”

After 2˝ hours, the singers parted ways at 9 p.m.

Nearly three weeks later, 45 have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or ill with the symptoms, at least three have been hospitalized, and two are dead."

Yeah. One of the people profiled in connection with that in one of the other articles I read is an MD. A shrink, but still an MD.

ETA: Also, this is one county north of where Borderland lives.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 03-30-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

To the "it's just another flu" people, the big thing is trying to buy some time- time to get PPE manufacturing up, spaces set up, test kits made, treatments studied, and so on- over and above the all too easy possibility of hospitals getting massively overrun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

NJ opens gun stores as “essential”, following the DHS definition:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...rphy-says.html

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Yeah. One of the people profiled in connection with that in one of the other articles I read is an MD. A shrink, but still an MD.
    Happily, all the pastors and all the churches I'm personally familiar with are doing the right thing right now- live streamed services, drive in services, and the rest.

My church's has continued it's food ministry (needed more than ever), but is doing a drive up version to avoid too much personal interaction.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Czech's are arguing that "masks 4 all" has been the difference in their limiting spread vs other places that just did social distancing and hand washing.

Including homemade masks ????

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Czech's are arguing that "masks 4 all" has been the difference in their limiting spread vs other places that just did social distancing and hand washing.

Including homemade masks ????
    I suspect that home made mask would at least keep people from touching their faces.

User Tag List