Page 340 of 725 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    An interesting visual depiction of potential spread from a large gathering can be found here: https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/alarmi...d-coronavirus/ . The news story has an embedded link for the actual map development. They used cell phone metadata to create a heat map of where all the phones that were on a certain beach during spring break went over the next few days. We all know this intellectually but it's valuable to have it visually. I put it here instead of in the authoritarianism thread since my focus is the spread depiction, not the implications of the device tracking.
    Holy shit. Find them, send them to Gitmo.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Hmm, I guess this is in response to her feud with President Trump? I didn't vote for her and don't like her, but other than the clunky "locking arms" phrase it was a decent clip.

Site Supporter

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've already told my wife that if it comes down to me being one of the unlucky ones in a hospital bed alongside a young person who has their whole life ahead of them, it'll be time to make the doctor's decision easier for them. (Unless it's obvious that the young person is an unrepentant miscreant.)

I don't wanna go...but under that set of circumstances it would be a choice I feel obligated to make.
    I agree 100%. Not sure that I would go to a hospital. Before this virus appeared, I told my doctor that under no circumstances would I have I have surgery for prostate or colon cancer, and for this reason I will ceased having related tests. My pain level from arthritis is so high that it just ain't worth it. It's a quality of life issue. Have you ever noticed that everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    An interesting visual depiction of potential spread from a large gathering can be found here: https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/alarmi...d-coronavirus/ . The news story has an embedded link for the actual map development. They used cell phone metadata to create a heat map of where all the phones that were on a certain beach during spring break went over the next few days. We all know this intellectually but it's valuable to have it visually.
    The stupidity! There are no words....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I agree 100%. Not sure that I would go to a hospital. Before this virus appeared, I told my doctor that under no circumstances would I have I have surgery for prostate or colon cancer, and for this reason I will ceased having related tests. My pain level from arthritis is so high that it just ain't worth it. It's a quality of life issue. Have you ever noticed that everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die?

Site Supporter
    Things are starting to normalize around here in terms of the availability of essentials. TP and paper towels are available, as is bottled water. Lysol is still scarce. I scored a container of Clorox wipes - limit one.

According to one source I looked at https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/#stat MI and MA just moved ahead of WA in # of confirmed cases. Moving very fast.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

https://www.westernjournal.com/fda-i...covid-19-test/

“The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted emergency-use authorization to the fastest available test for the detection of the coronavirus.

The test, created by Abbott Laboratories, can detect if someone has COVID-19 in five minutes, according to a media release from the company.

The Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 test runs on Abbott’s ID Now platform in a small, lightweight box, making it easy to carry to different locations for testing and to generate results in just a few minutes.”

I changed this to a public view

Field expedient for intubation

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...16&ref=m_notif
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List