Page 339 of 725 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    You're awesome Roy, thanks for everything you're doing for our country
    Thanks, but, there are plenty of people way ahead of me for Kudos... like everyone in healthcare, especially those that have to go to work without all the gear. In America.
    I'm just doing what I can do because I can do it. It keeps my mind off the doom I'm feeling when I stop to think about it.
    Hopefully I can get enough done to make it meaningful.

Thanks for the kind words.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Thanks, but, there are plenty of people way ahead of me for Kudos... like everyone in healthcare, especially those that have to go to work without all the gear. In America.
    I'm just doing what I can do because I can do it. It keeps my mind off the doom I'm feeling when I stop to think about it.

Thanks for the kind words.
    You're very welcome! And you're right, there are MANY in this country that are stepping up in whatever way they can to help. But as a nurse in a hospital, I'm specifically grateful for you getting PPE out to me and/or my colleagues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm sure you've heard the story about the kid walking on the beach throwing star fish back into the ocean. An adult passed by and asked what he was doing, adding that there's no way he could save all the star fish. The kid threw another fish into the water and said, "Yeah, but I saved that one" and then bent down to pick up the next star fish. Any help is help and getting enough PPE for just one nurse for half a shift could make a huge difference in his/her life.

Site Supporter

More than our fair share

Our little community has 10 confirmed cases: https://county10.com/3-27-10-fremont...r-6-in-ethete/. The county health officer has circulated a Google doc asking all with medical training to register as volunteers. This includes folks like me with a lapsed EMT-B license. I don't know when/if we will be called but, it seems like a good idea for small communities. Endeavor to persevere.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    An article on COVID in rural areas with a particular emphasis on Colorado high country

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rd/2926572001/

An interesting visual depiction of potential spread from a large gathering can be found here: https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/alarmi...d-coronavirus/ . The news story has an embedded link for the actual map development. They used cell phone metadata to create a heat map of where all the phones that were on a certain beach during spring break went over the next few days. We all know this intellectually but it's valuable to have it visually. I put it here instead of in the authoritarianism thread since my focus is the spread depiction, not the implications of the device tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Our little community has 10 confirmed cases: https://county10.com/3-27-10-fremont...r-6-in-ethete/. The county health officer has circulated a Google doc asking all with medical training to register as volunteers. This includes folks like me with a lapsed EMT-B license. I don't know when/if we will be called but, it seems like a good idea for small communities. Endeavor to persevere.
    Our state just launched something similar. As someone who works an "essential" job and has a wife who is already working at a hospital we probably won't be volunteering, but who knows where this goes.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear similar stories from other states and localities .

cc

Kansas’s Democrat governor just announced a statewide stay at home order effective Monday.

It seems unnecessary to me. She closed all schools a couple weeks ago. The county’s with the largest population densities have already issued stay at home orders. Kansas is mostly rural and cases in those areas are nonexistent. It was rumored (I wasn’t able to verify) that she wanted to shut down gun sales state wide. The republican controlled legislature passed something that prevented it.

Probably the wrong thread but it has felt like from the beginning of this that she has been trying to use this as a way to throw herself into the national political scene.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List