Page 314 of 725 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    My wife's aunt in NYS just tested positive, rapidly declined, and was placed on a ventilator. Prognosis is very poor, she just beat cancer and has multiple comorbids.

To add insult to injury, she has the same name as my mother (she married into a different group with the same last name) and they're from the same county. Thus, folks are blowing up all our phones asking if my Mom has it. She hasn't lived in NYS in years, but visits occassionally.

My wifes other aunt (#2) has been in close contact, and could have been spreading this having worked at a small town gas station. Seems a large portion of my wife's family including real mom (lives with #2) Dad, Step Momcould be connected through Aunt #2. All are late 50s or early 60s.

-Cory
    Really sorry to hear that. Best wishes to her family.

Site Supporter
    My wife's aunt in NYS just tested positive, rapidly declined, and was placed on a ventilator. Prognosis is very poor, she just beat cancer and has multiple comorbids.

To add insult to injury, she has the same name as my mother (she married into a different group with the same last name) and they're from the same county. Thus, folks are blowing up all our phones asking if my Mom has it. She hasn't lived in NYS in years, but visits occassionally.

My wifes other aunt (#2) has been in close contact, and could have been spreading this having worked at a small town gas station. Seems a large portion of my wife's family including real mom (lives with #2) Dad, Step Momcould be connected through Aunt #2. All are late 50s or early 60s.

-Cory

Best of luck and a prayer your way.

-Cory
    Argh. Sorry to hear this as well.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Parf View Post
    If you need precise temp control, I'd suggest getting a completely MANUAL toaster oven, and then a plug-in pid controller similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Economic-Temp...5171255&sr=8-3

I use one of these at work, and if it covers your wattage, it works great continually for at least a year. They just pulse power on/off constantly to keep temp. Digital controls wont work with this or similar.
    Thank you for the tip!

@cor_man257 hang in there, guys
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Idaho Gov.Little issues statewide stay-home order, extreme emergency declaration

Idaho's Governor just ordered citizens to stay home for the next 3 weeks, effective immediately:

"Idaho Gov. Brad Little (R) said Wednesday that he will order residents to remain in their homes most of the time to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus for the next 21 days.

“Idaho is now in a new stage,” Little said Wednesday, according to the Idaho Statesman. “We absolutely have to have this take place.”

I went to our small town grocery store as soon as I heard this..

It was as you would expect, just with more handguns, and less butter. But people were polite.

-Cory
    No words. My prayers are with your family Cory.

Site Supporter
    Has Vitamin C been mentioned as a treatment option? I was listening to a doctor who read reports out of China that patients were responding to full doses of vitamin c every 15-30 minutes.

Of course the possible diarrhea side effect was also mentioned.

-Cory
    Very sorry to hear this, Cory.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

-Cory

Oh no. Hoping for the best for everyone in the family.
    Last edited by Mark D; 03-25-2020 at 07:20 PM.

User Tag List