Page 287 of 725 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

I'm happy to say the Chuckleheads in charge at Pinellas County have finally closed Clearwater Beach. So we can stop being a national embarrassment.

"CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Clearwater beach is best known for its sugary sand and crystal clear waters, but this weekend no one will be able to enjoy it.

Saturday is the first full day of beach closures for all of Pinellas County due to coronavirus concerns.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri and Clearwater Chief Daniel Slaughter addressed the media at noon Saturday with an update on the beach closures from Clearwater Beach. "

https://www.wfla.com/community/healt...ounty-beaches/

We live just off the main route (60 West) to the beach from downtown Tampa, and traffic on today was maybe 5% of normal. The usual hang-out beach bar across the bay (Whisky Jacks) was also virtually absent customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I made that same damned observation Friday morning at work after getting drunk for the first time in about six months. Decided I definitely don’t want any more hangovers in my life for a while.
    I didn't get hangovers. My wife was always amazed that I could consume serious amounts of booze, then pop up the next morning like nothing happened.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Our governor this afternoon announced mandatory stay-at-home for the entire state of Louisiana starting tomorrow at 5 PM. The usual exceptions for essential businesses and workers apply. On a per-capita basis, we have the third-highest infection rate in the country and it's advancing faster than predicted. I think it's probably the right thing to do.

I and another guy have retirement jobs at a local bike shop and have been told to stay home - I'm 68 and he's 66. We're both healthy but in one of the endangered groups due to our age.

It's hard for me not to contrast the way the present governor is handling this crisis with the way the late Governor Blanco (may she RIP) handled the Katrina/Rita crisis. Blanco was completely overmatched, though a fine lady. Edwards is confident and comfortable in charge and not afraid to make decisions and own them. He's a Democrat, but he's told the DNC to pound sand on at least one occasion, so he ain't too bad.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Yesterday there was some discussion during a break in class of the mini-boom some have speculated about, to where Cecil Burch wondered aloud if the children born nine months from now would be dubbed as 'coronnials'.
    perhaps quarantinagers

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    perhaps quarantinagers
    Virennials?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Can I make a plea?

People posting sitreps is great, but please - at least put your state in the location field of your profile.

Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I made that same damned observation Friday morning at work after getting drunk for the first time in about six months. Decided I definitely don’t want any more hangovers in my life for a while.
    But this we have solid protocols for. Pound 12 oz of Pedialite before calling it a night.

I’m told the shopettes on Ft Bragg have Pedialite displays equal to that of Gatorade 😉
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    No idea. I think it's just part of their ARDS protocol?
    Methylprednisolone is fairly common for ARDS in China (and Japan, where it's used a lot for influenza-related ARDS), usually as long-term, low-dose (20mg or less). For SARS that was often bumped up to short-term, high-dose (40mg-120mg), though that tended to be limited to ICU patients and was carried over to COVID-19. Most of the research out of China I've seen on it has been mixed to slightly favourable for long-term, low-dose and poor for short-term, high-dose, but none of the studies were really that extensive or definitive, and a bunch of them were flawed in various ways. The main reasons it has remained as a common tx in this case is because 1) the basic logic that high levels of cytokines indicated the use of corticosteroids, and 2) everybody there has access to a bunch of cheap Solu-Medrol and is familiar with it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    What are we at?

400ish?

I wish we could get some specifics on some of these deaths.
    Scroll all the way down to latest updates and some specifics on some of the cases are mentioned. It’s by no means comprehensive but does give some ages on some of the cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Just skimming through the numbers is a little scary. Especially when comparing total deaths, total recovered, and "closed cases" which there is no row.

User Tag List