Page 286 of 725 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Last night myself and a couple of co-workers met to talk things over. This morning I made an astute clinical observation that hangover feels like covid19.
    I made that same damned observation Friday morning at work after getting drunk for the first time in about six months. Decided I definitely don’t want any more hangovers in my life for a while.

Last night myself and a couple of co-workers met to talk things over. This morning I made an astute clinical observation that hangover feels like covid19.
    So a greasy cheeseburger, and lots of Midol will be effective for covid19?

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So a greasy cheeseburger, and lots of Midol will be effective for covid19?

cc
    Midol? Damn, I wish I had known that a few decades ago. Plus, I'd have been way ahead of my time. Full stop.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I have a general medicine question for one of the Docs?

Like a lot of aging baby boomers, I'm on hypertension medication. I take Hydrochlorothiazide, a diuretic, as well as Lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor. My BP is well regulated; 120/80 at my checkup two weeks ago.

Are there any particular precautions in terms of COVID-19 as it relates to people like me who are on heart medications? As in, more risky, less risky, no real data either day, or just keep drinking Single Malt Whisky? *

* I know this is the correct answer, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    ARDS is usually caused by an inflammatory insult to the alveoli (the very smallest branch of the lung, where oxygen and carbon dioxide are actively exchanged between your blood and the air you breathe in). Allergies are usually caused by the release of histamine from specialized cells that are a part of your immune system, and this typically happens at the top of your airway - far above the alveoli - so they are unlikely to play a part on COVID associated ARDS.

No real data. I'm on lisinopril myself. Hard to say if prevalence of HTN among sicker patients is just because it is commonly associated with being older/in poorer health.
    I'm on a Ca2+-blocker myself, but I am not terribly worried at this point given Neph's advise to avoid getting too wrapped up with the speculative musings of various sources about how we (those of us on antihypertensives) might fare if we contract the virus.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Midol? Damn, I wish I had known that a few decades ago. Plus, I'd have been way ahead of my time. Full stop.
    Even *I* am impressed with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I made that same damned observation Friday morning at work after getting drunk for the first time in about six months. Decided I definitely don’t want any more hangovers in my life for a while.
    My last one—believe it or not—was in college, late in my sophomore year. I reckon I can survive the feeling again although I do not look forward to the idea of having to do so.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Even *I* am impressed with this one.
    I'm not sure what that's saying. But since you're saying that it is in fact saying something, I'm saying it must really be something. Period.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

What are we at?

400ish?

I wish we could get some specifics on some of these deaths.

So yesterday at work we were all fitted and issued 1 N95 mask and a paper bag to store the mask in-between uses. We were told masks are in short supply but would replace them when needed but make the most out of the ones we have. The other issue we are having is food for and at work. The only meat the grocery store we shop at had out was chicken breasts packaged 2 to a pack, limit one pack and the cheapest pack I found was $12. Being familiar to the meat counter manager gave us an opportunity to be offered hamburgers from the back which we accepted. As time goes on this is going to get more difficult.

2 confirmed cases in the city and 2 that had passed through from NY.

Overdoses are on the rapid increase, we ran 4 yesterday with 3 of them after 0300 last night and the first one at 0900 yesterday morning. 3 of the 4 had just been released from jail. The other 2 shifts have commented on the increase too. We haven't seen an increase of calls for sick people, yet. Everybody cooped up at home is going to increase fires also. There may already be an uptick there.

Student
    Yesterday there was some discussion during a break in class of the mini-boom some have speculated about, to where Cecil Burch wondered aloud if the children born nine months from now would be dubbed as 'coronnials'.

User Tag List