Page 28 of 725 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Origin Maine: These guys inspire me and I will pay more for their products.
    At the risk of veering wildly off topic, I concur. I love my Origin Gi (awful bloody nose rolling in a white gi, came right out in the wash!) and really pleased with their jeans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Origin Maine: These guys inspire me and I will pay more for their products.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    At the risk of veering wildly off topic, I concur. I love my Origin Gi (awful bloody nose rolling in a white gi, came right out in the wash!) and really pleased with their jeans as well.
    Thanks for the heads up on Origin Maine. I am planning on buying a few pair of jeans. It is great to have more American-made clothing options. It is also possible that some of the cotton used was grown in the fields I can see from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I wish they, and everyone else, would provide meaningful sizing info. I have no idea what “standard American sizing” means. What I do know is that the sizes on clothes have almost no consistent relationship to actual measurements. I’d really like to be able to use a tape measure and then use those measurements to buy clothing that fits. Continue to use “standard American sizing” on your labels if that’s good for the bottom line, but at least provide a way for people to accurately determine their “size”.
    I think "standard american sizing" is code for "smaller sizes than you actually measure out to be because you're fat but vanity and we're not going to tell you that."
    And while we're ranting, I hate places that think 6' is a "tall". Screw those guys.
    Fortunately, several premium outdoor brands have GTG sizing tables. Cut may vary a little, but they're better overall.

/drift.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I too am interested. Maybe they make jeans for big guys with a long stride and without the damn low waist.

Just now saw that waist size 40 is biggest offered. I need larger. No go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I wish they, and everyone else, would provide meaningful sizing info. I have no idea what “standard American sizing” means. What I do know is that the sizes on clothes have almost no consistent relationship to actual measurements. I’d really like to be able to use a tape measure and then use those measurements to buy clothing that fits. Continue to use “standard American sizing” on your labels if that’s good for the bottom line, but at least provide a way for people to accurately determine their “size”.
    https://originmaine.com/sizing-chart/

Getting back to the corona virus...it appears there is an info lock-down, possibly by our own government. All the MSM, news agencies and websites are totally ignoring this subject are are frenzied over dem debates and caucuses. Like anybody gives shiff. Seems like a diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post
    Getting back to the corona virus...it appears there is an info lock-down, possibly by our own government. All the MSM, news agencies and websites are totally ignoring this subject are are frenzied over dem debates and caucuses. Like anybody gives shiff. Seems like a diversion.
    More likely one topic is more profitable than the other at a given time. The information and reporting on Coronavirus is still there and being updated several times a day, it's just not front page.

That isn't "an info lockdown."
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    More likely one topic is more profitable than the other at a given time. The information and reporting on Coronavirus is still there and being updated several times a day, it's just not front page.

That isn't "an info lockdown."

Good to hear.

I guess I just haven't stumbled upon those official, credible and informative daily updates.

Might be good for it to start creeping on to the front page, at least below the "fold".

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post
    Good to hear.

I guess I just haven't stumbled upon those official, credible and informative daily updates.

Might be good for it to start creeping on to the front page, at least below the "fold".
    Addendum - what I do find is virus threads packed with 3 week-old numbers from china picked up and repeated by our own "official sources", homemade remedies sure to kill, rumors and jean sizes.

If this isn't a serious subject, why not just lock the thread?

Good summary updated multiple times per day: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

User Tag List