Page 270 of 725 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Dr. David Goodman and Dr. Roy D. Yates out of WINLAB at Rutgers.
    Those names familiar to you?
    Sounds familiar lol. But I think that was slightly after my time at school. I was working on Submarines by that point...1998 was the first edition, IIRC?

Name:  prob.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  4.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sounds familiar lol. But I think that was slightly after my time at school. I was working on Submarines by that point...1998 was the first edition, IIRC?

Name:  prob.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  4.9 KB
    I went to Rutgers during that time. I wound up working for both of them for a couple years at WINLAB.
    Dr. Goodman was always fun in his own way; one of those socks and sandals even in a snow storm type of professors. (literally... the man never wore closed toe shoes.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Are you self-quarantining?
    Yes, I came back to 100% telework. We ventured out to restock pantry - otherwise practicing social distancing in the rural suburbs with the two Attack Daschunds. May spend a lot of time in the basement reloading - just got 500 80grain ELDMs delivered.

Back on topic...wow the good folks in New York are getting hammered.

I just checked the worldometer and NY has 7,245 out of the entire US case number of 16,796. That's 43%. Is this due to the 12 lane drive through test regimen Gov. Cuomo ordered or some other reason?

Is this due to the 12 lane drive through test regimen Gov. Cuomo ordered or some other reason?
    Yes.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    My wife had a perinatal appointment this morning. All patients have to wait in their cars and are being taken in one at a time and are being screened before entering. No visitors allowed. It sucks not being there for the ultrasounds but I get it. Some clinics will let mothers use video chat during ultrasounds for people who can't be there but this place wouldn't let her.

Her actual OB office on the other hand is still letting visitors in and not even limiting it to one person. Her doctor is also still not writing women with high risk pregnancies off work. Words will be had with him Monday morning.

RUMINT from two good sources is that WV will be going to a statewide shutdown of non-essential businesses with an announcement coming as early as tomorrow morning. Was supposed to happen in today's press conference but was pushed back, I'm assuming because Trump ended up on TV during the governor's speech.

The local hospitals are severely short on PPE. Staff is being forced to use one mask for their entire shift, even when doing multiple sterile procedures. They are keeping the masks in brown paper bags when not using them. The hospitals in Huntington are allowing one visitor per patient. Charleston is not allowing anyone but patients in.

A source in one of the hospitals told me that a doctor and a nurse in Charleston have tested positive along with a UPS employee across the river in Ashland KY.

A good friend of mine is a nurse practitioner and just told me he has been exposed.

population density?

Dense urban areas, especially ones with any level of blight, will get hit more.
    And if you throw the majority of your testing in those areas, you're going to see a spike in numbers.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    otherwise practicing social distancing in the rural suburbs with the two Attack Daschunds.

I've heard that they can especially dangerous.

Name:  Dachshund-meme-cute-and-innocent.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  42.1 KB

My dad has a mini-Dachshund. What that dog gets away with!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Talked with my 87-year-old mother last night. She lives alone in a small town, and is one of those older women who volunteers, takes classes, shows up at everything and helps keep civic life going. She's already feeling isolated. We're getting her up to speed with Skype and Facetime and Zoom, but it got me thinking about all the other folks on the other side of the digital divide.

--------------------------------

https://www.cnet.com/news/covid-19-s...across-the-us/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Back on topic...wow the good folks in New York are getting hammered.

I just checked the worldometer and NY has 7,245 out of the entire US case number of 16,796. That's 43%. Is this due to the 12 lane drive through test regimen Gov. Cuomo ordered or some other reason?
    It's the biggest transit hub for US-Europe-Asia travel. Plus dense population and extensive public transportation network. NYC has been a breeding ground for a while. It's only now that we are starting to get numbers due to the increased testing

User Tag List